Chapter 18

Authors note: I'm sorry guys these last two weeks I have had Golf every day from seven in the morning till seven at night....Crazy right?! Well it wasn't for nothing!! I won my golf tournament! Got a glass trophy!! WOOOOO!! Lol sorry I'm still really excited!

Katniss POV

Hazy as a spring day,
lazy as a summers dream,
Thing are never as they seem.
of the everlasting scheme. 

dreams can be sweet 
dreams can be sour
they can last three seconds 
or an hour.

nights as dark as coal 
Ash turns old
like mold 
sitting, waiting, for a chance 
to be  like day, to be like gold. 

Hundreds of thoughts raced into my head as I swam as fast as I could to the cornucopia on the small island. Is someone coming for me? Where's Cato? Cinna died for me. I need to reach the island and find a bow. Swim faster!  The sun was reflecting of the water making it harder to see. I look around, I spot Brutus, who was ahead of me, reaching the sand, Cato was nowhere in sight, Finnick was already grabbing a trident and running off and there was a few struggling to swim. Barely anyone had made it to the cornucopia yet but cannons were going off as the kids drowned. Once I reach the beach I search for a bow. A shiny metal one was resting on a backpack. I'll just grab the bow and the backpack and run as fast as I can into the brush behind the cornucopia. I was going to try and wait for Cato but I had no clue where he was and the other tributes were getting close. I rush to the bow and backpack, slinging the strap over my left shoulder so if I need to use my bow my right arm was free of any extra weight. I start to run to the bushes when I am grabbed from behind.

"Hello Fire girl." Brutus says as he drags me away into the bushes. I see Sam and Finnick also looking for Cato. It was our plan to stick together but obviously it's not going to happen that way. Brutus puts a large knife to my throat, a warning that one wrong step means certain death. As we walk, he collects my bow and the backpack from me, carrying it himself. A few cannons blast off in the distance as we stagger over fallen branches. I can no longer hear the screams at the cornucopia, only the sound of mockingjays chirping away. I don't know why Brutus thinks taking me hostage will help him, it will only bring three of the strongest competitor’s right to him. Unless that's what he wanted.

My thoughts went to Georgie. She was probably with her brother now but I know for a fact that Finnick wouldn't let her get too close to danger. But knowing her she would be the number one person I would trust to get the job done. She may not be the strongest but she is one of the most determined tribute I had met, well besides Brutus. As soon as Brutus feels we are far enough from any tributes he makes me sit on a log while he goes throw the backpack I collected along with the three others that he had. I knew that even though he seemed to have his attention on the items he was finding in the bags, his attention was on my every move. The way he tensed up when I shuffled my feet or sighed. He was aware of my movements, expecting me to try and escape but I will have to do that when the time is right. He finds rope in the bag and immediate turns to me, to tie me up. I look and see that he left his knife over by the bags. Now was my chance.