Chapter 14

Authors note: Warning! This chapter is going to be short due to my lack of inspiration and huge writers block. I haven't update because I really haven't wanted to write when I was unmotivated. Hopefully my motivation returns so you guys can get the chapters you deserve....  I did switch up the original characters districts to different ones and I am leaving out tributes. So please don’t comment saying Brutus isn't that district because you know what? It's MY fan fiction.... other than that I hope you guys like this short and terrible chapter :) 

This is a Katniss pov though

Enjoy :) 

The interviews are starting. This year the new rules snow has presented is stated that the interviews would happen before the private session and you could tell that Ceasar is upset. He loved to question them and get hints on what they were going to see in the field.  Ceasar seemed a little off beat. He isn't his usual I-will-help-you-out-a-little-since-your-probably-going-to-die. Instead it is more like the your-going-to-have-to-manage-this-by-yourself look. First came district 1's boy tribute, Brutus. A huge looking guy. He seemed...dangerous.... He was obviously pulling the I’m a tough guy look. His interview went by in a breeze. The girl tribute, Chloe, who won her games at the age of 17 and she is now 28. She won by backstabbing her only ally right in the end. I probably won’t be teaming up with her.

Then district 2's tributes came. Xavier, age 26, who won the games at 12 (the first to have done that) was acting as if he didn’t care about anything. He managed to pull it off and got a hearty applause. The girl tribute, Laurie, seemed about seventeen. She won the hunger games at fifteen, and seems to be stronger than ever. She will be a problem. 

The interviews started off fast and now were dragging. The last interview, from the girl from district 3 took forty-five minutes to do. District 4 was now on. Finnick was charming. He made the crowd laugh with ease and the women threw their selves at him. He wasn't enjoying it. You could see it in his eyes. Fear. Then came Georgie who turned out to be Finnick sister. She was gorgeous, tall, tan, blonde, greenish blue eyes she was the freaking entire package. The guys noticed this, staring to long. But when I looked over at Cato all he was looking at was me. The blood rushes to my cheeks. I found an interest in looking at the ground. I could still feel him staring. I turn my attention back to the interviews.

It was another hour or two before it was finally Cato’s turn. He sits down in the chair and looks directly into the camera. I suck in my breath.

(Flashback)

*"So are you going to win this for some special girl back home?” Cesar asked Cato. He looked down He wasn't ready for this question.