Ch 109

A/N: *starts clapping* I got a life too.
_______________________
"Thanks for staying Nat."
Natasha rolled her eyes for the fifth time that day.
"Is it my birthday or something? You've been saying that since I got here." She pointed out. Steve let out a chuckle and wrapped an arm around her waist. "It's only because I still think you're just a dream."
Natasha didn't turn to look at him, only gazing out at the tall jungle fronds of Wakanda. "Like a figment of reality." She muttered to herself.
Steve shook his head. "No. I was going to say a figment of my imagination."
"They used to tell us that." Natasha replied softly, removing Steve's arm from her waist.
He turned so he was in front of her, clutching both her arms and bringing himself down to her eye level. "Hey now, no bad memories with me okay?" Steve kissed the top of her head, wrapping both arms around her waist and pressing her close against his chest this time around. "You have no bad memories with me. You are this perfect angel that has done nothing wrong." He kissed her again, this time on her cheek, dangerously close to her lips.
Natasha sighed and pushed him away. "You're such a dad sometimes." She clutched her stomach gently, as if remembering he could never be a dad with her.
Steve grasped her hands with his own, caressing her knuckles. He opened up the palm of her left hand and kissed it, making her smile.
"Such a dad sometimes," she repeated.
Steve smiled back. "I have to be with all you kids running around."
"You don't have to be with me." He held up her arm and she twirled into his embrace. "You still haven't taught me how to dance Nat."
She hummed in delight. "Never had the time."
Steve chuckled, spinning her one more time. "We have all the time in the world now."
Natasha sighed but kept a happy face. "For now we do. But don't draw on the past or future. Live in the present."
"How about tomorrow you'll teach me?" He asked with a hopeful expression.
"What is there to teach? You're doing fine right now." She commented on the way he was twirling her and swinging her around to some melody in his head, an arm draped across her waist and a hand in her own.
"Everyone needs practice. You said it yourself."
Natasha laid her head on his chest and started laughing. "Oh but that was so long ago! Even before we were dating."
"Ah, so it was. But I still remember it."
She swatted his chest with her free hand, her head now resting in the crook of his neck. Steve wanted to remember this moment forever. Natasha was happy. Happy with him. Dancing together under a jungle canopy with the spotlight of the sun shining down on them just right. Her beaming up at him with those brilliant eyes of hers and letting loose the music that was her laugh. He could never forget this.
"Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world Nat." He said.
Natasha scrunched her nose and started laughing. "It sounds like you're about to propose to me."
Steve stopped dancing with her and got down on one knee, despite the fact dirt got all over his pants.
"Because I am proposing to you Nat." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, red velvet case, complete with soft fabric.
Natasha raised an elegant brow with confusion, and what he supposed was some shock. "Is this a joke Rogers? Did Clint or Sam put you up to this?"
Steve shook his head and opened the case, revealing a small, clean cut diamond ring.
Now Natasha knew it wasn't a joke. She'd seen the old pictures of his mothers ring, for she was no fool. A hand came to cover her mouth and tears started welling up in her eyes. "Steve I don't....I don't know what to say."
He reached for her hand and took out the ring, placing the delicate thing on her ring finger. "Please say yes. After waiting for so long and building up a lot of confidence, please say yes. Please make me the happiest man alive and never leave my side ever again." He finished, stuttering on a few words.
"Yes!" Natasha sobbed. Tackling him into the ground and kissing him senseless. "Yes you dork!"
__________________________
A/N: the plot thickens. I didn't even know you had a plot.
I did it. I mean..Steve did it.

      Happy Reading!
           ~Forever RedWind