Ch23

A/N: currently in the process of rewriting some of my least popular chapters because I want to. And when I do, the results are amazing. Chapter 13, the first chapter I rewrote, skyrocketed from a mere 67 reads to a large 107 reads overnight. I'm just really proud that you readers actually read, vote, and follow me. Thanks for 2.68K reads ;3, you guys are awesome.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Natasha cast glances behind her every so often to check if the team, or at least Steve, was behind her.
And they weren't. Why chase something when you can't get it back?

Natasha cast one more glance behind her and let out a sigh.
"This is our mission, not mine. I can't just leave them wandering. Actually, I can't let Steve wander."
The redhead grabbed her phone from her pocket and texted Steve where Guardian was.
But she saw four missed calls, and twenty seven unchecked texts.
N-Steve stop worrying, I'm fine.
S-So you're okay! I almost had a heart attack. Where are you?
N-Close to where Guardian is. I'm texting you the place right now.
S-Alrighty
N-Here are the directions: About one mile from the place you are standing, you will see a large blue building, turn right and you'll see me.
S-Thanks, see you soon.
Natasha sat down in a chair and waited, and waited, and waited for Steve.
Finally, after spotting them from a distance, she called them over.
Steve looked overjoyed and ran to hug her. When he got close, she stopped him with her hand.
Steve looked at her with round confused eyes. "What's with the sudden coldness?"
"I'm not being cold, I just want to give Guardian a surprise."
Thor came up from behind Steve.
"You mean the Midgard Dragon? I was going to bring her to Asgard before you stopped me."
"You aren't going to bring Guardian to Asgard Thor."
Tony soon came up with him and Clint panting like dogs after trying to catch up with everyone.
Natasha smirked,"Hey Ironass, Birdbrain, how was your run?"
"F**k you Natasha," he took a gulp of air,"I didn't see you run a mile. You just strutted away like the drama Queen you are."
She sent him a icy glare and he shut up.
Clint, now no longer choking, looked around for something. Or actually, someone.
"Hey Red, where's Guardian?"
___________________________
A/N: just saw some of the Ellen Show interview with Scarlett and Chris and I'm thinking about making a high school fanfic about them. I'll do that when I have much more time on my hands. Also, AoU is out in my state and I'm seeing it tomorrow(squee!).

Happy Reading!
~Forever RedWind