Ch 66

A/N: see end for notes
_______________________
Natasha looked up from her prison cell in panic. The battle had long started before now and in her heart she knew that Steve was going to rescue her.
She felt the sickening airborne feeling again, so something was up.
Ultron's plan! He's lifting us airborne!
Sh*t!
Natasha banged against the poles, Ultron fixing them moments ago.
Her efforts were futile, the bars would not budge.
The pebbles bounced harder now, and small brown dents could be seen.
  Cracks were starting to form in large amounts, edging closer and closer to her.
Natasha wondered what was going on above, and how far Steve was from her.
  She could sense him, a spiritual bond that they shared with each other, it told the redhead he was close.
~X~
  The Ultron bots sensed him, but there were only two.
No problem
Steve beat them with ease, watching their scattered remains falling towards the lower Sokovia below, metal glinting off the sunlight.
"No sweat for you Captain," came a sultry voice, one Steve hadn't heard in weeks.
He turned, and this time, Steve wasn't dreaming.
"Natasha!"
There she was, arms hanging out of the bars, a smirk on her pale face.
"I'm pretty sure I know who I am Captain," she chuckled, her right hand giving him a thumbs up.
Steve rushed over to the cage, Natasha backing up away from the frame.
The soldier took his time analyzing the door, while Natasha grew......impatient.
"You gonna break the damn door down or what Rogers?" Natasha growled,"we have things to do out there you know!"
Steve looked up, a faint blush on his cheeks,"oh, right! Sorry Nat."

Backing up, Steve aimed his shield at the cage, Natasha ducking for cover away from the shield.
Steve swung, and the bars fell to the ground with a loud "clang!".
The rusty bars fell to the ground with ease, and Natasha removed herself from the corner.
She took a few tentative steps toward him, not sure if he was actually real, or a figment of her imagination. 
Reaching out her small hand, Steve placed his on top of hers, and Natasha's eyes brimmed with tears.
"It really is you,"she croaked,"I'm not dreaming," Natasha looked up at him quickly,"I'm not dreaming, we're actually floating above the ground!"
Steve placed a hand behind his neck, looking a little embarrassed,"yeah, and we have a new member too."
Natasha was already heading towards the exit,"tell me on the way, we have a job to do"
Shaking his head, Steve wrapped a arm around her waist as she pulled out a gun.
"Old habits don't fade, do they Rogers?"
Steve's reply was only a small smile.
~X~
It's over, finally over
Natasha watched as the last of the Ultron-bots exploded from her perch from the Helicarrier. From the high elevation, she watched Ultron use the Quinjet against them, and the rest of the team running for cover.
She watched Clint carry a half dead Pietro to the boats, and Steve finally get on one.
Bruce had brought her up here to safety, much to her disappointment as he joined back in to fight.
"Not my fault I have a gun instead of a shield or hammer!" Natasha cursed angrily.
Maria came up behind her, planting a hand on her shoulder. "Your lucky Steve directed the Hulk to help you, if you had died for real this time, Steve couldn't forgive himself," Maria told her gently, the steam practically showering off Natasha in waves.
"Steve's lucky I won't beat the crap out of him," she replied.
~X~
Natasha looked at her phone, a video of the new Barton kid was born, Nathaniel Pietro Barton.
"Fat," she chuckled to herself, amused by the little traitor.
It had been only two months since Ultron, and the results had been disastrous.
Hundreds had been left homeless, and Bruce had disappeared. Avengers Tower was now called Stark Tower again, and the Avengers moved into a huge facility Tony had, now renamed Avengers Academy. Most of the founding members had left as well, Tony, Thor, Bruce, Clint, their all gone.
Natasha blankly stared at the wall for a few moments before hearing foot steps.
Bringing out her electric batons, she whirled around to see Steve holding up his hands in a little "peace" gesture.
"You gonna keep staring at that wall?" Steve asked, and Natasha grinned," I mean, it's a pretty nice wall too."
Natasha let out a sigh and gave him a small smile, her 'soon to be husband' always knew how to make her laugh.
"How's the new recruits?" Steve called out to her as he handed her a clipboard.
"Good, but need some work," she answered him.
"Then let's beat them into shape," he replied back.
Steve opened the doors to the training hall.
Rhodey, Wanda, Vision(whom she had the pleasure of meeting after the battle), and Sam all stepped in, gazing up at the two team leaders.
"Avengers!" Steve called out, the team turning into disciplined soldiers at his call.
___________________________
A/N: Look! Look! I finished it! Hooray! The fact that I finished it in school is amazing, and I'm so proud of myself for getting this done. Expect chapters to be out every weekend again, but not this weekend. I'm doing my last and final swim meet to get A and B times so wish me good luck!
Also, for getting over +140 followers, I'm making another surprise gift, I'll be giving hints out for what it will be in the next chapters too.

         Happy Reading!
            ~Forever RedWind