Ch51

A/N: oh god, I fell asleep again. Fireworks make you stay up up late and when you get back home you just hit the bed.
----------------------------------------------
Natasha head down the dark stairs of the boat, the main action having already started.
Clint was on two levels above her, shooting at anything flying.
Steve was on the ground above her, fighting the twins and anything on the ground.
Like her plan said, she was watching the vibrainium, firing at any metallic thing she saw.
Crashing its way through the floor was one of said metallic things right now.
Leaping onto its back and forcing it to the ground, she put her Widows Bites into its neck and electrocuted the robot.
However, she didn't expect(or rather, didn't hear) the telekinesis girl to come up right behind her and mess with her mind.
Natasha staggered, holding a tight grip on the rail of the stairs. She pressed a arm against her stomach as the painful nightmare of the Red Room flowed through her.
~X~
Steve wasn't doing any better than Natasha, fighting both the twins, and Ultron(who already got the vibrainium he needed).
He and Tony(along with Thor who probably wasn't listening) did find out the names of the twins, which is valuable information they could use.
Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, the super twins.

He saw Thor go after every robot, and Tony went straight for Ultron, crashing through the roof of the ship.
Steve looked around for the twins and felt a swift breeze knocking him the the ground.
"Not fast enough, old man?" A almost teenage voiced sounded above him.
"You're the one who's not fast enough!" Steve quickly shot up his shield and smacked it into Pietro's face, knocking the kid into some crates.
Steve pushed himself up to look at Pietro, a look of fury pressed on his face. "Stand down kid. This isn't child's play."
Steve didn't have anytime to see if he ran off(though he most likely did) as more robots came in.
Then, time seemed to stop for him. Natasha let out a blood curling scream through the comm, just the sound alone told him she was under the influence of Wanda; and yet, so was Thor. The one person(or God really) they thought could not be affected was walking mindlessly around.
Steve had to help. He ran to Natasha, but didn't get very far as red waves were coming towards him.
They hit him like a brick, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Peggy, and Natasha.
~X~
Clint quickly pulled out a arrow and put it into the head of Wanda to stun her, whipping around to stare into the eyes of the girl. "I've been under mind control before, I'm not going to be under it again." He did a flip off the balcony he was on and looked around. Not only was Wanda and Pietro gone, but Steve and Thor had confused and even angry expressions.
Suddenly, Tony's voice could be heard from the comm. "I need backup! We got a mind controlled Hulk over here!"
Clint let out a agitated snort. "No can do, the whole team is down. Natasha must have gotten hit the worse due to her screams. Steve however seems to be coming out of its effects."
Tony's reply was short. "Get em' into the Quinjet, the fight is almost over for me."
~X~
Steve let out a groan and looked around. He saw Clint trying to help Thor, who seemed in a very deep trance. "Clint." Steve called out, trying to figure out what happened.
"Oh good! You're awake, or out of a trance I should say. Could you go help Natasha for me? Seeing as you all-"
"Natasha!" Steve heaved himself up and saw Natasha still gripping the stair rail with one hand and the other clutching her stomach.
"I saw everything." Natasha whispered to herself.
Steve picked her up bridal style and carried her up the stairs, where he saw Clint and a awoken Thor ready to head to the Quinjet.
Steve looked down at the whimpering mess Wanda made of Natasha, and then looked back up at Clint.
"She really did get the worst of it."
Clint placed a hand on his shoulder, and gave him a small frown. "She has a darker past then anyone, I only came in at the end of it to save her. I of course didn't get very far, but you did. You made her forget her past and then that damn b*tch came and messed up her mind!"
It seemed that Natasha could hear them as she let out a small sob and pressed her face into the crook of Steve's neck, something she did whenever she was sad.
Tony's voice came through the comm again. "Clint, I'm here with Bruce, he's pretty shaken up."
"So's Natasha," the archer replied.
"Could you bring us somewhere safe?"
"Yeah."
~X~
The ride to wherever Clint was taking them was long and silent. The occasional cry from Natasha could be heard from where she and Steve sat together, her in his lap while he was calming whatever she was muttering about.
Finally, they felt the Quinjet land in front of a small house with a barn.
Steve didn't ask and questions as he held Natasha close to him to help her walk. The battered and broken team followed Clint inside the small house.
----------------------------------------------
A/N: I wanted to give you guys a really long chap due to how many times I've fallen asleep. And to give you guys another surprise, I might release another chap today.

Happy Reading!
~Forever RedWind