Ch 97

A/N: Le bloop
__________________________
The plane ride to London was quiet, mostly out of respect for Steve. Natasha remained as passive as ever, though clutching his hand slightly when she felt him tense up. "She's in a better place now."
He sighed."I wish this whole thing wasn't going on at the same time."
Natasha didn't even glance at him, but he felt her get tense as well.
"Us? Or this whole, Sokovia Accords thing?"
Steve rubbed her hand softly, a relaxing gesture.
"The Sokovia Accords, not us."
She smiled.
"Peggy wanted us to be married before she died." Natasha gently told him.
He raised a eyebrow.
"Really?"
She nodded. "Told her that you just waited to long."
He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it softly, his eyes no longer wet and tear stained.
"My spirits are lifted, Natasha."
~X~
So he thought

When they offered him to carry the casket, his eyes grew teary again, and throughout the procedure, his face was stained with dry tears.
Natasha and Sam were with him the entire time. Natasha sitting close to him in case he needed a shoulder to cry on.
Sharon Carter said a few brief words, and though he looked like he was staring at her, listening to her every word, he was more concerned at where Natasha would go after this. Would she stay with him, or go to Vienna for the meeting?
The answer she gave him was not surprising.
"You could always go to the meeting with me. There's room on the jet."
He gave her a smile that formed on his own lips. "I'd love to, but I still have business here."
She nodded politely. "Of course."
He was still staring at her. "I forgot to ask, whose already signed the Accords?"
Her hands folded behind her, and her smile dropped.
"Tony, Rhodey, Vision-"
"And Wanda?" he cut her off.
Natasha's smile came back quickly to disappeared after only mere seconds.
"To be decided."
"And where do you stand?"
She placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's the path of least resistance, but one with more problems. I'm going to Vienna to adjust the Accords to our standards, not to join it."
She stepped closer, and Steve realized that she wanted to be near him.
"Why are you here Natasha," he whispered.
"I didn't want you to be alone."
Wrapping her arms around his neck, she brought Steve close, kissing him on the cheek and rubbing is back in smooth, comforting circles.
"Be safe," she told him.
"You too."
__________________________
A/N: I did the church scene.

Happy Reading!
~Forever RedWind