Ch 104

A/N: sorry this is out so late. I just got some braces in and lately, I've just been feeling unmotivated to do anything.
_______________________

By the time they reached the bunker, Natasha was dozing on his shoulder on the Quinjet.
Steve noticed her pale, huddled frame as she slept. She definitely was malnourished. He wondered if she was starving herself deliberately, but she wouldn't do that.
Would she?
Natasha was a strange case. Unpredictable even.
She's the kind of girl who trained against as Taskmaster LMD frequently to change up her style.
But malnourishing herself? It wasn't possible. Natasha kept herself in top physical form, but so much has been going on. Steve didn't even think to stop and consider how Nat was feeling during those weeks.
"I didn't want you to be alone."
Those words, the words she spoke in the church.
She was always there for him, even now. Steve was to wrapped up to notice how his neglect was affected her.
Natasha needed to sleep, but she was worried about him.
"Steve, we're here."
Steve raised his head, he didn't even feel Bucky landed the plane. He was to wrapped up in his own thoughts.
The door opened, letting freezing air and snowflakes.
He heard Natasha shudder, then sigh deeply.
"She'll be fine Rogers. Just go stop Zemo." He thought to himself, thoughts getting the better of him again.
He placed a hand on Bucky's shoulder, nodding at him. Bucky nodded back.
~X~
Her heart thudded in her chest, it's beat music to her ears. Where was he?
Natasha knew he left; she felt the freezing air reach her bones. Did he abandon her on the Quinjet when she was sleeping? No, he would've left a note somewhere. Natasha really just didn't want to open her eyes yet, to know that Steve did leave without giving so much as note. Bucky and Steve didn't really have comms either. Probably removed them when they got to the Quinjet Hangar.
"Idiot. That stupid idiot."
She was bitter, and tired, and didn't want to deal with her neglectful boyfriend again. Natasha felt herself  huddle even further into the wall she was placed on when the door to the Quinjet opened again.
She cracked open an eye, seeing if it was Steve.
Did Steve have silver lining on his suit.
No.
Even though her body screamed for her not to move this fast when it just woke up, Natasha grabbed her opponent's arm and dragged him down, getting her legs wrapped around his neck.
"Speak now before I kill you," she growled. Natasha really wasn't in the mood.
Her opponent clawed at her leg desperately, but she wouldn't let up her grasp.
"Ms. Romanoff!" Came a heavy accent.
Natasha loosened her grip and he slipped out.
"How'd you follow us?"
"Your jet wasn't really in Stealth Mode exactly. 
She groaned, her brain finally coming in terms with his words.
"I don't want to be here, I just want to disappear."
T'Challa took a step back from her, and pointed at his own jet.
"Take mine. I can see that you don't want to be here. This isn't your fight."
His words stunned her. Natasha's mouth became dry and suddenly her heart stopped. This wasn't her fight.
It really wasn't. It wasn't her's, wasn't Wanda's, wasn't even Sam's.
It was just some built up hatred from Steve and Tony over the years that the team just to happened to join.
"Take my plane to Wakanda, I'll find you somewhere to hide over there."
She nodded. "Thank you."
__________________________
A/N: sorry this is short. It's just, everything in my mouth hurts right now from the braces and this was a hard chapter for me to write.

     Happy Reading!
          ~Forever RedWind