Ch54

A/N: I was at SeaWorld last night and I must've gotten myself on some sugar high because I was out cold when I saw my bed. Also, got my hair cut short today, kinda looks like Claire Dearing from Jurassic World without the bangs.
----------------------------------------------
A dark figure came to stand in the door way as she watched a certain super solider chop up some wood blocks with Tony.
The edges of her smile quirking up a bit when she saw him about to beat the crap out of the billionaire.

Wearing some yoga pants and a light grey shirt, the redhead stepped out of the comfortable shadows and into the scorching sun.
Natasha watched as Steve narrowed his eyes at a now fading Tony(who was going into a barn after Clint asked him to do something).

Looping her arms around his neck from behind, she felt the stress radiating off him melt into a calm breeze. "Hey solider. How is it, chopping wood with the most annoying guy in the world?" Natasha asked him, feeling Steve's hands placed on her own.
"Stressful," was his reply.
Kissing the side of his neck, Natasha unleashed her remark. "You should try working for him."

The redhead felt Steve shift, and(with such surprising speed) roll onto his back, grabbing Natasha and placing on top of him so she didn't get crushed.
"I have worked with him Romanoff, and he is such a asshole."
Letting out a laugh, Natasha laid her head on his chest, and listened to his heartbeat. "You're a d*ck Rogers, but your a beautiful one."

Putting a giant hand on her back, Natasha waited for what he had to say. "I only wish Ultron wasn't created so I could ask you."
The redhead raised her head up with a start, confused on 'what he had to ask her'. Natasha propped herself up with her elbows and stared at Steve.
"And, what do you have to ask me Rogers?"
The super soldier's eyes widened and he started to stutter. "N...nothing Natasha. I was just remembering that we were supposed to have a date the night after Ultron attack."

Natasha nodded and let out a surprised gasp. "We did! I'm so sorry Steve!"
Steve sat up and Natasha sprang into him, putting her head in between his neck and muttering endless apologies.
Steve rubbed her back softly, thinking to himself, 'how is it her fault?'
And so he asked her. "Natasha, it's not your fault. If anything, it's mine. These things always happen to me. First with Peggy; and now you." Steve spoke softly, as if he didn't want to admit it to himself.
"Don't blame yourself for this. And, as much as I want go blame it on Tony, it's Ultron's fault anyway. But why don't we call what we're doing right now, under this shady tree, a date?"
Steve smiled and hugged her tighter, Natasha hugging him back with just as much force.
"I would like that very much Romanoff."

----------------------------------------------
A/N: working on something very special for you guys. But, something has also gotten me quite sad. My good friend _toaster_cat_  is moving and I'm going to miss her very much. But I'm going to stay positive and keep writing!

Happy Reading!
~Forever RedWind

Ps.. Quick shoutout to all my voters(especially the ones I can't name) for voting for every chapter I release. Thank you for being so kind
(≧▽≦)