Chapter Twenty three

I stood in the crossroads as Sam painted the Devils trap on the ground. Cas was standing beside me protectively as Dean dug a hole in the middle. I had my bow out and my quiver slung over my back watching.
"So you used to suck at archery?" Dean asked skeptically. I nodded.
"Oh yeah. When I was on the archery field the safest place to stand was in front of the target. But me and Artemis are friends, so she helped me out." I stated. Dean nodded.
"Okay. Everyone ready?" He asked. We all nodded and he buried the box. We waited a moment before a girl suddenly appeared in the middle of the Devils Trap. She sneered.
"Winchester's." She spat.
"Hey." Dean nodded. "We have some questions." She glared at them. Then her eyes landed on me.
"Oh if it isn't the runt of Poseidon." She snarled. "Boss mans got plans for you."
"So did Gaea and Kronos." I spat. "Look how that worked out for them."
"Oh no." She drawled. "We all know how it's going to work out this time. Don't we?" I clutched my bow with white knuckles.
"Does Crowley have the Crown?" Sam demanded.
"Oh yeah, he does. He's got big plans." She amended. She then turned her eyes back to me. Cas stepped halfway in front of me. "Why don't you tell them what your to scared to admit? Why don't you tell them why you've been delaying getting the crown back?" She demanded. They all glanced at me as I shook.
"Shut up." I demanded. She began talking again, but I couldn't hear her over the Exorcism Sam had begun saying. Eventually black smoke bellowed from her mouth and the body fell to the ground, dead. They all turned to me, where I was shaking in my place.
"Rae," Sam began. "What was she talking about." I remained silent.
"Rae!" Dean demanded gruffly.
"And Death shall stake his claim." I quoted shaking.
"Excuse me?" Dean demanded. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"It's the last line of the prophecy." I stated. "I'm going to die at the end of this quest."