Chapter Twenty Two

I sat up in a cold sweat after a couple of hours of sleep. I sighed and got up and changed into a plaid shirt and jeans. I laced up my sneakers and pushed my door open quietly. I shut it behind me. I walked into the kitchen and looked at the Clock. Six thirty. The boys would be waking up soon. I went to the fridge and grabbed the carton of eggs out and bacon.
"Would you like some assistance?" Cas's voice suddenly said behind me. I turned around.
"Yeah sure. You crack those eggs and scramble them. I'll start frying the bacon." I stated as I pulled a pan out. Not long after Cas was scrambling the eggs beside me.
"So... um... Rae..." He began slowly. I glanced at him.
"Yeah?" I asked. He shuffled awkwardly.
"I was... I was wondering if maybe-"
"Did Dean put you up to this? Is he trying to get you to mess with me?" I asked chuckling.
"Well, they did talk to me, yes, but I was wondering if you'd like to get food sometime? Or a beverage of sorts?" He asked hurriedly. I froze. Every ounce of my being wanted to say yes, but I knew what the end of this quest would hold. I didn't want to put him through that.
"Maybe after all of this is through we can go get something to eat at that restraunt in town. Have them play a slow song." I smiled at the thought. He nodded.
"I like that plan." Cas amended. I smiled, hoping the pain didn't show in my eyes. Around that time I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. Sam stumbled in his hair a mess. I chuckled as he piled a plate with eggs. He mumbled thanks and poured himself a cup of coffee. Dean came in not long after, hair a mess and his grey robe hanging around him, no shirt but boxer shorts. He mumbled thanks as well and went for a beer out of the fridge but I swatted his hand away and poured him a coffee.
"Coffee. No beer before five." I chided. He waved me off taking the coffee.
"Ya, ya whatever mom." He grumbled causing me to chuckle as I handed him his plate. Cas looked at me with a raised eye brow.
"Your not going to eat?" He asked tilting his head to the side. I shrugged.
"Not hungry." I stated as we walked into the library.
"Are you sure? I thought humans required food." He asked. I nodded.
"We do. I'm just full from last night still." I lied, not wanting to get into the details of my dream. I walked into the living room and looked at Sam and Dean.
"So," I began. "We're summoning a demon today?"