Chapter Sixteen

-one month later-

I was pretty excited. We hadn't made any progress on the quest, but Sam and Dean had finally agreed to let me go on a hunt with them. In the past month I had grown extremely close with them, and I had a feeling they had gotten close to me. Which made me feel horrible since I knew what was coming my way and I knew it would hurt them. And I knew we where getting off task, but I was going to squeeze in every extra moment I could with them.
"So, this should be a simple salt and burn case, just a ghost. Simple." Dean said as he pulled up to the crime scene decked in suits. The car glided to a halt in front of it. We ducked under the police tape and went into the house. A cop met us and filled us in on the victim and what they thought it was. Murder, they said, but there was no trace of the murderer. We thanked him and started through the house. I gagged as I passed a room and grabbed my nose.
"Guys." I moaned. "I don't think it's a ghost." The started over to me and they gagged as well.
"Demons." Dean growled. "I hate them Sons a-"
"Okay. Okay we can work with that." Sam said trying to calm our brother down. "We can call Cas, he can help us out." Sam stated.
"Cas?" I asked skeptically as we got into the car.
"Cas. He's our angel friend." Dean stated. I raised my eyebrow.
"Angel. Angel as in-"
"Yup. Angel as in Angel of the lord." Dean said as he started the car back to the motel.