Chapter One

I fired my gun at monsters till the sound of the hammer hitting nothing rang in my ears. I cursed and tossed it to the side, pulling my sword pendant off, stabbing a monster through the chest and it disintegrated into yellow dust. Percy and Annabeth where with me and we where dispersing one of Gaea's lasting legions in Lebanon Kansas. We stumbled through the woods, caught in a fierce battle. There had been more than anticipated, and we where feeling the blunt of it. We stumbled out of the woods and onto an old dirt road. There where only a few monsters left at this point. I took out a Dracena and looked at the others. My eyes widened as I saw a Hell Hound running at his turned back.
"Percy behind you!" I screeched. He whipped around bringing his sword up and killing it. Annabeth killed her monster and I sighed, returning my sword the it's pendant form around my neck. My ring was back on my finger and I sighed tossing a piece of ambrosia to both of them while popping one in my own mouth. I looked down the road and saw a steel door inlaid in a slab of cement. No vehicles. I sighed in relief.
"Guys I think I may have found a place for us to crash for the night." I breathed to my 17 year old brother and his girlfriend. They nodded, mimicking my exhausted expressions, and I had a feeling we where all beginning to feel the weight of our armor. We walked over to the door and I knelt down in front of the handle and began jiggling it with my lock pick. I heard a click and grinned pushing it open and flicked the lights on.