Chapter 60: My kind of day.

Start from the beginning

Things felt awkward in a way, but I know that's just because the funeral was today. But when Cato begins to tickle me, that goes away.

We spent the whole day laughing and joking about, kissing and hugging, tickling each other and then trying to cook, but failing miserably because a particular someone keeps on kissing you.

To some it up, we were being a teenager couple. Something we've never did before. I like it.

* * * * * * * *

19 June 3114

* * * * * * * *

"Baby?" I hear. "Baby wake up!"

I groan and I mumble a few words.  Five more minutes?" I ask, but when a strong smell of toast wafts towards me, I open my left eye.

"Happy Birthday!" Cato laughs. I smile,  I'm seventeen. I hop up and grin.

"Thank you!" I say, pulling him into a tight hug. He responds immediately and hugs me back.

"I made you breakfast?" he questions.

I look at the tray with cereal and orange juice, tea and burned toast and tea, my favourite. There's a yellow rose in a white vase with a little card that wishes me happy birthday.

"Oh Babe thank you!" I exclaim. I sit back against his chest and I begin to eat.

"Kyle and Madilyn are downstairs with Nazera." he tells me and I nod, my mouth full of food.

After I finish, Cato picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He runs down the stairs and into the kitchen, zooming past everyone. He pushes open the door and jumps over the rail of the veranda.

I laugh in ecstasy. The sun is scorching down on my bare legs and my neck.  All I'm wearing is a tank top and shorts.

He sprints towards the lake. How can he even see with me in front of him?

Just as we're about to jump in, he places his lips on mine. The water is extremely cold, but so refreshing at the same time.

Our eyes pop open and we began laighing at each other. We resurface and gasp for breath.

"Cato!" I yell at him, I try to stay serious but moments later I burst out laughing. He grabs my waist.

But I quickly slip out of his grasp and I swim quickly away. I'm almost to the other side until Cato grabs my ankle and pulls me back.

We muck about in the water for another few minutes until I hear Roni call me. I never even knew she was there.

We drag ourselves in, and I only notice then that I have lost my top, and so has Cato. We're both in our pajama bottoms and I have my bra on.

I don't care.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" everyone choruses. I smile at the ground like a fool. Cato wraps his arm around my waist.

Roni giggles and runs up to hug me. "Clover!  Happy Birthday sis!"

"Thank you!" I had already warned everyone not to get me anything because over the bombing and everyone needs the money.

Kyle and Madilyn are next to attack me with hugs and kisses. I frown at how they fuss over me. Madilyn hands me Nazera.

"Good morning baby girl. How're you today? Did you have a good sleep? I said did you have a good sleep?" I hold her high above my head and spin around.

She squeals euphoriclly. "Look at you! Look at the state of your lovely hair. You silly girl!"

She extends her little fingers and tugs gingerly at ny hair. I blow on her stomach.