Home Is Relative

Now in dragon form, the blue light from the sky became almost unbearably compelling. It actually drowned out all other sounds and the material world became fuzzy in the light.

"I need more time," Artifax yelled to the sky as he charged down the beach. 

Kazgoroth grabbed Artifax by the neck and swung him hard into the cliff face. Large boulders fell from the ledge. Sailors and giants fled in terror of the beasts colliding. All that remained on the beach were the dragon, the demon, and Artifax's unfaltering comrades.

Krusk pulled a great sword and charged the demon. Irel shot double silver arrows that whistled as they traveled through the air. Azreal blasted the demon with her infernal magic. And Jameth called forth divine light to scald the creature. Each of the attacks found their mark. Artifax had given them the opening that they needed.

As Kazgoroth turned to face the four mortals, Artifax cleared himself of the rubble and bit down hard into the neck of the giant man-beast. Kazgoroth reached over his shoulder and slashed at the eyes of the dragon. Artifax brought his claws into the sides of Kazgoroth as the others continued to pummel him with attacks.

Artifax's tail punctured Kazgoroth's right calf muscle and the beast fell to one leg, but again he ripped Artifax off of his back and threw him out into the ocean.

There was a splash and the blue of the ocean was replaced by the blue from the sky.

"Come home," the gentle voice said.

Artifax's wings pulled him up into the air and out of the water. The world was getting fuzzier, but he again pleaded to stay to protect his friends. The world came back into view for the moment and he flew over the beach to draw Kazgoroth's attention away from his friends.