Back in Iriabor

The teleportation circle in Baldur's Gate was the fastest way for Artifax to travel to Iriabor. He wasn't sure where Yssra was sending him, but naturally there was a sister circle on the other side. Much to Artifact's dismay, he was sent to a familiar place, the Temple of Bahamut.

"Hello Artifax." Brother Belgeras spoke as he appeared through the circle. "Welcome back to the City of Spires."

Brother Belgeras had always been kind to Artifax, even through his early days of mortal discovery. The visions of Mount Celestia and his former self had started during his employement at the temple (even before meeting Irel and Krusk). There were some brothers who felt that Artifax was insane, rather than a born again dragon-gnome. Artifax didn't fault them for this decision, but Iriabor represented a place of confusion to Artifax.

"Hello Brother Belgeras. I don't mean to put the Order in any kind of trouble. I will be on my way..."

"Nonsense." Belgeras broke in. "The council would like you to present yourself immediately. Word of your adventures throughout the land have traveled back to Lord Kelpar. And seeing you again now... and your 'changes'... well, I am positive that Lord Kelpar will be interested in your latest adventure."

Artifax was not entirely comfortable in the presence of Lord Kelpar. It was the Lord that had been the driving voice of his banishment from the temple. "If it is the wish of the council, then I will comply. But I must not stay long, for the sea giants have once again come ashore. They have..." Artifax paused as the shudder that went through his body passed. He also thought about the best way to articulate his current mission. "They have taken the captain of the Low Latern prisoner."

"Yssra has already told us of your quest. The council knows why you pass down the Trader's Road, back to the Dragonmere. It is a homecoming of sorts, is it not?"

Artifax was embarrassed that Belgeras knew about his relationship with Laraelra, but that quickly passed. "Iriabor is merely a stop along the way. I seek the Moonwell of Thray in the Howling Forest. It is there that the Fading City of Shinaelestra appears nightly. From there... I don't know what dangers lie in wait for me on Oman Isle." He paused and cracked a smile toward Belgeras. "I just know they will be a lot taller than me."

Belgeras led Artifax away to the council chambers. Before he opened the door to the room, he spoke. "Good luck my friend. It was good to see you again."