Yssra Has a Plan

Yssra entered Coran's grand hall. She stopped upon seeing Coran and Artifax and spoke. "Last night I divined that I would have to undertake a task of little reward. Now I see the arcane forces of this world are not without humor."

Coran bowed. "I'm sorry to have sent for you so late, Yssra. But the giants across the sea have broken the treaty... they have abducted Laraelra."

Yssra's brow furrowed. "It has been nearly 20 years since the the last of those deformed creatures stepped foot on the Dragon Coast."

Artifax also bowed low and smiled. "You know, at this point, the last time we saw you we were in the middle of an investigation concerning the dragon cult in the area. I apologize for involving you."

"Yes, yes. I'm sure you and your noble friend will bring the city back to its former glory and so on and so forth..." Her eyes narrowed on Artifax. "Where are your friends now? This quest of yours will not be as simple as rescuing a damsel from a tower. You have a fortnight before Laraelra will be drowned by Queen Connomae."

"What happens in a fortnight?" Artifax asked stepping forward. The echo in the cavernous hallway caught depth of the dragon heart inside of Artifax as it quickened.

Coran chimed in. "It is the 20th anniversary of the Northland Treaty. The last voyage of the Low Lantern, and the last major naval battle of Baldur's Gate." He paused and looked back at Yssra. "He will seek out the Moonwell of Thray."

Yssra's voice broke the resulting silence. "Then there is no time to spare. We must send you to Iriabor for your trek to Lake Tun. From there you must decide whether to traverse the Dragonspires or cross the Dragonmere in a boat. It will not be an easy choice."

Artifax's thought fell on the shores of Lake Tun, the lake with three names. For it was called the Dragonmere by some, or the Lake of Dragons by others. It was where his mortal eyes took in the first rays of light. "When do we begin?"