Shinaelestra

It was dark once again when the giant and the adventurers had arrived back at the waterfall. After speaking briefly with Throk, Greta made her way back to the more dense tree line.

"She says we must first see the reflection of Shinaelestra in the pool of water before it will become clear to us," Throk repeated. "Greta will not stay for fear of the castle guard."

"Please give her our thanks," Artifax said.

"The hour is almost right," Oriander said looking up at the sky. She looked unsure around the water's edge.

"What's wrong," Artifax asked.

"The last time I was in the Feywild..." Oriander's voice trailed off for only a moment. "I died."

"Yet another reason to stay in this world, with us," Artifax said half chuckling.

"I must go back," she responded. "I have a score to settle." A hollowness came into her voice when she spoke the last words.

Artifax approached the water's edge. "Well then, I guess it is time." Oriander put out a hand to stop him.

"Before you go," she said. "I promised that I would show you the raven's message from your Duke Falconsflight." She handed him a very small piece of paper.

Artifax's eyes lit up. He smiled as widely has either Oriander or Throk had ever seen him smile.

"Then there is still hope for my quest," he said proudly. He took the hands of his comrades and looked into the reflection pool. There they saw the shimmering towers and banners of the once great eladrin city of Shinaelestra.

"Who goes there," a tough voice said from just beyond the water's edge. When they looked up, they saw a sentry stood just outside a dilapidated outer wall.

Oriander was the first to speak. "Good evening to you brother. My name is Oriander of Senaliesse, friend of the late Summer Queen, and chosen emissary of the Court of Stars. These are my friends. We seek the help of Lord Calenon Thray."

The sentry lowered his weapon and bowed to Oriander. "Please come with me."