Throk the Barbarian

Throk the Barbarian was just heading back east that evening. The sky was that red and blue color that happened only under certain dusk conditions. The road was visible but getting harder to see with each step. Easting was his goal for the night and back to Iriabor in another three days time.

Throk had worked the previous morning, slept through the hot afternoon, and began his trek east that evening. He was on leave from the Black Talons. A few times per year Throk traveled to Lake Tun. There was a grove of trees there that were very special to him. His fellow mercenaries often wondered why this place was so special to him, but Throk refused to share that secret.

On that night he was feeling particularly refreshed. The moonlight was to be large and bright for his trip home, and just as the last of the sunlight gave way to the rays of Sehanine the sky suddenly exploded with a burst of what looked to be shooting stars.

They appeared first to be in the shape of a large dragon across the eastern sky, then there was a spray of fire and debris scattered in all directions. The fire in the sky blanketed much of what the canopy didn't already cover and Throk could hear pieces of the falling star all around him. One particular fireball landed not far from him.

Trok approached the small firery crater and to his surprise found a steaming claw shaped object. The fire surrounding had no effect on it. The claw was a pristine ivory color, and there were what appeared to be battle mark on its surface. Throk had seen something like this only once before. This object was surely the talon from a great ancient dragon.

The barbarian picked up the large claw and ran for Easting.