Great Exploding Gnomes Batman

Day 11. At some point the three bound travelers were stashed in the corner of a earthen hovel. The giant had chosen to sleep a good portion of the morning away. From what Artifax could tell from the light coming in through the cave walls, it was mid afternoon.

The three had struggled against the material being used to bind them, but they appeared no more loose. It was when Artifax saw a mouse scurry across the floor that I had an idea.

"Throk, keep her occupied," Artifax said quietly. "I have a plan."

And with that, he whispered something to the mouse, who appeared to be listening. Throk appeared to be engaging in dialogue with the giant.

"What are you doing," Oriander asked the gnome.

"Watch," he replied.

The mouse had disappeared briefly, but came back with more of its family members. Oriander counted at least 25 mice. They went straight for the binding and began to chew tiny holes in the rope.

A few minutes had gone by when Throk whispered, "Wait."

Artifax's ropes had gotten his hands loose at this point and was only moments from enacting his plan to free the others.

"What do you mean 'wait'," he said. "I don't want to be this thing's supper.

Throk began to reply as the giant came near and Artifax could wait no longer. He sprang up from a horizontal position and his hands began to glow a bright amber color. When the giant had realized what was going on, it was too late, a great uncontrolled blast erupted from Artifax's palms and the four bodies in the room were pushed in opposite directions.

When the smoke cleared Artifax sat up and began freeing his friends. They were a bit scorched and covered with ash, but mostly uninjured. Throk went immediately over to where the giant laid.

"Good," he said. "She isn't dead."

"We are lucky Artifax didn't kill us ALL with that blast," Oriander replied. "What's up with your powers lately."

Artifax looked at Throk with an incredulous look. "What do you mean, 'good she isn't dead'," And he pointed to Ori. "And YOU, you are welcome for saving us."

Throk helped the giant sit up and began tending to its wounds. "I was trying to tell you," he said to the gnome. "She was about to free us."