21. Facing the Morning with Your Hands in Mine

Start from the beginning

"Our first born, Solomon. That crazy bitch attacked me and killed Bridget."

Solomon shook his head as he put his hands up to stop her from going on about something Solomon knew the truth about.

"What? Solomon what is wrong?" Isabel walked toward him as Solomon slapped her hands away from him.

Isabel looked at him, "What is wrong with you? You come back here and act like this to me?"

Solomon looked up at her.

"You walk into my house and treat me like this?"

"I'm pretty sure I am just talking to you trying to understand what the fuck is going on in my life!"

Isabel narrowed her eyes at him as her fists got tight as her knuckles turned white.

"I look at you and I see pain. I see the life that once was. The life that could have been."

"What the fuck does that even mean?"

"It means that I don't see you as someone I love."

Isabel glared back at him.

"I see you as the person that lied to me. A person that used me."

Isabel started shaking her head in disagreement.

"You never told me the truth about anything. How your father was never King Skovgaard. You are just some orphan he picked up from a farm. You were nothing and he gave you a silver spoon."

Isabel swallowed back as she knew Solomon was going somewhere with this.

"You have no ties to a thrown. You married me for that place. You saw me as your meal ticket. King Skovgaard saw me as your meal ticket. But I'm pretty sure the father of your first born also saw me as the person that would help you through everything."

"You are talking lies."

"I'm talking the truth now Isabel. I know why you have done what you did. I saw the revenge in your eyes. It was never about trying to help them. It was about trying to kill them. You wanted complete power. You still want complete power."

Isabel glanced over her shoulder to the back door that came into the room.

"Why did you lie to me about everything? I trusted you with everything. I trusted you with my life and you didn't care about mine! You saw me as nothing!" Solomon shouted at her.

Isabel slammed her hand down on the table. "I won't listen to you anymore."

"You don't have to do a damn thing but you will tell me the fucking truth!"

"Remove him from my space. Keep him in chains until I have time."

Solomon stumbled back as several guards grabbed his arms, "Isabel, you can't do this to me!"

"I am Solomon. I am taking what belongs to me." Isabel sat back down at the table as Solomon was pulled out of the room.

"I hope she fucking kills you! I hope she kills you for everything you have done!" Solomon shouted back at her as he was dragged out of the room leaving her alone with her meal.

Isabel pushed around the potatoes when someone cleared their throat behind her, "I told you to stay away from me."

"Kinda can't. We have a problem anyways."