One Thing About It

Derek left his mamma's house and drove to the apartment. He found it strange that Tameka wasn't there. Most of their things were still there, but he could tell some things were missing. He looked in the baby's room, missing her. He walked to their bedroom. It seemed that Tameka left with the baby; probably went to her mamma, he thought. He hadn't seen her or the baby since that day he decided to be with Victorine. He sat down on the sofa and turned on his game. He dialed Tameka's phone, only to hear the recording say it was no longer in service. Tameka had a new IPhone, courtesy of Tim. Baby Precious had a new crib bed and all sorts of new clothes, shoes, and toys and stuffed animals. Tameka herself was treated to a shopping spree. One thing about it, Tim meant business. He was playing for keeps. The way he treated Tameka and the baby made her forget there ever was a Derek. She had a second chance at life, with a sexy man who was capable of taking care of them. Tameka went from baby mamma to wifey. Tim would take them places and she didn't have to want for nothing. She wasn't used to being treated like this. Tim proved to be her best blessing. He was well known by many, but he never entertained hoes like Derek did. When they were out together, it was as a family. His father was a big chief, and his family seemed to like her and Precious. After a month together, he started ring shopping. Tameka became his woman, and people gave her respect. He brought her to a tattoo shop and they both got tatted. Tameka got a heart with Precious name, and "Tim" across her wrist. Tim had a huge angel on his back, with his baby girl's name, LaShawn, already, so he added Precious' name on his arm, and Tameka's name across his heart. Tameka was touched.
The day came that Derek saw Tameka at a store in the mall. At first, he hadn't recognized her. Baby girl was looking good, he thought. He figured she was staying with her mamma, and was mad at him for leaving her to go to Victorine's. She was in the Foot Locker, alone. Baby got too thick, he thought. She was buying a pair of Jordans for the baby. The cashier was asking her something about the shoes, and she laughed, showing some gleaming gold teeth. Derek was impressed with her look. He thought she was gonna let herself go after all that had went down. Tameka took her bag and turned around, ready to leave the store. When she saw Derek, she just looked at him stupid. She tried to leave when he blocked her path. " Damn, baby! Its like that?", he asked. "Boy, move! I don't have the time!", she said, walking away. Derek grabbed her arm, and tried to talk to her. Just then, in walked Tim, carrying Precious. Tameka took the baby from Tim as he asked if she was okay. She told him yes, then he kissed her forehead. Derek looked slapped in the face. Tim walked square up to him and said, " You see this woman right here? NEVER touch her again, you feel me? You done!" Then he went back to Tameka and put his arm around her waist and left the store with his family. Derek was stunned. Not only was Tameka looking better than ever, she was now with Tim, an old school player. This was some shit! Derek walked out of the store, yelling Tameka's name. Tim stopped and turned around to face Derek. " Say, man, that's my baby girl! I wanna see my baby girl!" , he yelled, causing a scene. Tim told him, straight up, "Naw, patna, you left your baby girls , remember? A real man's taking your place now! Deal with it!" Tim turned his woman around and they left the mall after going to the food court and getting something to bring back home. Tameka felt like the luckiest woman in the world to have someone have her back like that. Derek could never measure up to Tim.
**************************************************************
Merlynne was surprisingly pleased when Hadrien called. She was glad to hear from him. He asked if she would like to have dinner with him that evening. Her heart pounded and she eagerly said yes. She honestly hadn't expected him to keep in touch with her since he was trying to make things work with Victorine. He told her to wear something elegant, because he was taking her somewhere nice. She thrilled at knowing they were gonna have some time together. When she got off the phone with him, she was about to get ready when an unknown number called her. She answered to find it was Tameka. " Girl, where the hell you been? I've been by your place every week for a month now! Where you at?", she asked. Tameka gushed on , smiling through the phone, telling her about Tim and how good he's been to them. "Tim? Fine Tim from junior high?", Merlynne asked, laughing. " Oooh, girl, you have to tell me everything! But I gotta get ready. Hadrien's taking me eat tonight. ", she said. " Girl, y'all still hooking up? I love it!!", laughed Tameka. She loved the fact that her girl was still seeing Victorine's man. " I'ma let you go get ready. We gonna talk. We should all double date one night," suggested Tameka. Merlynne loved the idea, and told her friend goodbye.
When Hadrien knocked on her door, he looked so handsome, with a single red rose. She wanted to pull him in her bedroom and lay it down. He looked at her form fitting maroon dress and heels and thought she looked beautiful. " Wow!", he said. "You look stunning!" Merlynne smiled, blushing. She took the offered rose and sniffed it. Her smile made him melt. They walked out to his truck and drove to the city. Hadrien had made reservations at Brennan's. Merlynne was impressed. The waiter took their orders and Hadrien ordered the Creole Onion Soup as their appetizer. Merlynne chose the Chicken Esplanade, Hadrien the Shrimp Scarlett with Andouille; and for dessert, they would share a slice of Divinely Decadent Creole Chocolate Cake.
Merlynne sipped her glass of wine, visualizing Hadrien's naked body covering hers. Her thoughts showed up in her eyes, because Hadrien could see them. A sexual tension was brewing between them. She kept giving him fuck me eyes. They exchanged a strong chemistry throughout the meal. Hadrien could feel her intentions. Merlynne ate her food seductively, savoring each bite. Hadrien followed suit, eating his succulent shrimp sexually. Merlynne smiled, enticing this erotic behavior from Hadrien. By the time the waiter cleared their plates and dessert awaited, they were heated, ready for the real dessert. Merlynne forked a piece of the amazing cake and fed it to Hadrien. He savored the deep, rich flavor of the dark cocoa. He fed Merlynne a piece as well, the expression on her face telling him she was loving the tantalizing taste of the cake. They went back and forth in this fashion, enjoying the sultry, sweet confection until it was gone. By then, Merlynne was wet beyond belief. Hadrien left a hefty tip, and they could barely make it outside to the truck without touching each other.
When they arrived at Merlynne's house, they scarcely made it through the door. Hadrien lift her to him, her legs wrapped around his strong waist. He walked her to her bedroom, where he took off her clothes and kissed her all over her body. Merlynne unbuttoned his pants and helped him out of them, his huge erection staring her in the face. She kissed his body, causing chills to run up and down his spine. When he couldn't stand anymore, he laid her down on the bed and covered her, fulfilling the great want that had built up inside of them. Merlynne wanted him to stay the night, but he had work in the morning with TonTon and did the responsible thing and went home to sleep. As he lay in his bed, he thought of his experience with Merlynne, then Victorine came to his mind. As soon as he felt himself having a soft thought about her, the horror of what her mother did to him came to mind. He wanted to be in his child's life, but he would not return to that house as long as Jeraina Faye was there. He couldn't see himself being totally with Victorine any more; she had did way too much for him to ever trust her like that again. Then he thought of Teta, his wild woman. He had fought powers to be with Teta; but in the long run, it was best they not be. She was the woman who held him sway. The memory of their lovemaking haunted him to this day. He would never find another like she. Even Papa Legba himself wanted Teta's love and affections. Hadrien thought back to her sexual prowess and began to rise. Shit, that's all he needed, right now, to be fantasizing about a woman he couldn't have. He had heard tell that she had boarded up her house and stand and relocated further down the bayou, and that the people there loved her, as well as a younger cat that worked the boats. They had gotten married, and it seemed that any chance he had of being with Teta had expired. Hadrien was happy for her, bittersweetly. It would be another man that got to eat her delicious food, another man who got to smoke that fire ass weed with her, another man who would be digging into her sweet garden. Hadrien cursed to himself, nostalgic of her presence. He wished he had did better and handled his situation with Victorine better. Maybe him and Teta would have had a chance. But, it seemed she was happy now, and he wouldn't be the one to ripple that.
**************************************************************
Teta and Fiyah lay in bed, in each others arms. The early morning haze enveloped them. Teta was thankful to the Goddess and God for allowing her to find this man. Fiyah's warm body felt smooth to her touch. She loved tracing the outline of his frame. He would gently massage her back, stimulating the Kundalini inside of them. She would roll over on top of him, their early morning routine of making love a given. Teta would fill herself with as much of him as she could take, and Fiyah would hold onto her waist, directing her. When he would flip her over, he would slide inside of her wetness, deeply descending into her magick magesty. Their child grew, getting stronger and stronger everyday, unknown to them. Teta had given up the hope of being a mother long time ago, after her last child had been absorbed. This little being had the power of the loup garou as well as the ancestors, and was going to keep growing. This child would be born and would grow, and would be quite powerful.
One day, Teta realized she had morning sickness. She began to feel that not unfamiliar way of pregnancy. When she told Fiyah, he was over the moon. He would be a great father, she knew. His grandparents were over joyed at the news of becoming great grandparents. Teta vowed to herself that she wouldn't overreact during this pregnancy. She had Fiyah there with her to help take care of her. She had been alone during her other pregnancies, some by choice. She now had a loving husband who catered to her every desire, and she was happy, at last. But she knew she would have to do something drastic to break free from Papa.
**************************************************************
Victorine awoke to the sounds of zydeco music. She put on her robe and walked into the kitchen, where Jeraina Faye had a radio blasting. She looked at Victorine and said, " Good morning! ", while scrambling some eggs and cooking some grits. Victorine eyed her suspiciously, sitting at the kitchen table where Dex sat, drinking a cup of coffee. He nodded his greeting to Victorine, reading the newspaper and occasionally slapping Jeraina Faye's ass when she would pass by in her hustle of getting breakfast on the table. Victorine finally bit and asked, " What's going on, Mamma? Why you so cheerful this morning? " Jeraina Faye hummed and danced to the beat of Buckwheat Zydeco's Your Man is Home Tonight. She looked at Victorine and said nothing, tasting the eggs to see if they were seasoned just right. Dex smiled as he watched Jeraina Faye. He had to admit that even though they had a rocky relationship at times, she still was the sexiest woman he had ever seen, and he loved her. Plain and simple.
After that little mishap they had over Tameka, Jeraina Faye had left and went down to the jukejoint in the bayou. By the time he got there, Jeraina Faye had all kinds of men falling over her. It angered him, because he didn't want to know what life would be like without her and her power. Dex tossed man after man away from her, then poured himself a double shot of Seagram's. Jeraina Faye smiled and blew her cigarette's smoke in his face. He poured her a double as well, as the bartender looked on. They drank their whiskey and Jeraina Faye laughed.
As for her jovial mood this morning, Jeraina Faye had planted a seed of contempt last night. She had went down into the deep bayou and collected enough ingredients to work a root spell on Hadrien. He would have no choice but to come back to the house, whether for Victorine or the baby, or for her. She knew she set some kind of passion in him when they were together. She wanted to take him on again, and savored the thought. She didn't care if Victorine knew; she wanted that man again. Jeraina Faye danced even more, her big ass swinging. She put the spread of food onto the table. Victorine saw scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, grits, home fries, and toast. Dex helped himself and fixed him a plate. Victorine soon followed, still wondering why the theatrics. She knew she had hurt her mamma when she suggested they leave, but she had to get right with Hadrien and wanted him to be around, in case anything happened. But even though she knew what her mamma had did to Hadrien, she couldn't hate her for it. Her mamma had appetites; sometimes she had to look the other way. She only wished that Hadrien would come to his senses and be with her again. She had heard about this girl he was seeing and it burned her up. Why was he still seeing her, when he had HER at home, waiting? What was it about this girl that kept him going back for more? Hell, she had made sure that his relationship with Teta was done with, so now she thought about looking into this girl. She spooned her food into her mouth, her baby thanking her. Victorine enjoyed her mamma's breakfast, truly wishing that Jeraina Faye was doing all this out of love. Jeraina Faye joined them at the table, a hearty appetite for her food. They ate their food to the fast pace of the music. Yes indeed, her man would be home, tonight.
**************************************************************
   Dreeky decided to pay his family a visit, since it was his mamma's birthday. He strolled through Cesaire's shop until he found the perfect gift, an antique, hand crafted end table. His mother Felecia would love this. Cesaire drove them to the little neighborhood in Algiers where they lived. When they pulled up in a Mercedes, all the neighbors wanted to know who it was. When Cesaire popped out, then opened the door for Dreeky, everyone began shu-shuing. They took out Felicia's gift and brought it to the house. White girl Lisa and Ronald were the first to surround them, then Dreeky's sisters Antoinette and Sheila and their kids followed. They walked into the living room where Felicia, Donald Sr., and the rest of their company sat. Felicia hugged her son tightly, then hugged her new son in law, whom she had just learnt about during the week. She was sad her son hadn't told them he had gotten married, but from Donald Sr.'s reaction, she figured she knew why he hadn't.