The Worm Has Turned

Tameka waited for Derek to return home. She walked into the living room slowly, with a suspicious nature. What happened to her in there scared her to the point where she thought it would happen again, at any time. When he finally walked in, she could tell he had been up to something. "Where were you? I woke up and you were gone! I thought you was gonna be here to help me, Derek? What if that shit comes back in here and tries to finish me off?", she cried. Derek couldn't hear this right now. He was thinking of Victorine and her sweet pussy. " Chill, Tameka! Do you hear yourself right now? You sound like a crazy person!", he said, coldly, pissing her off. "Oh, you would like that huh? So you could be with your precious Victorine! That bitch is going to pay for what she did to me!", she warned. Tameka rolled her eyes at Derek and began to slowly walk out of the room. " So will you, Derek!", she threatened. "What the fuck you mean by that, huh?", he asked ,wildly. Tameka continued into her bed room, not even looking back. She heard him slam the door, leaving again. Let him, something inside of her said. She checked on her baby girl, then called Dex. When he answered the phone, he sounded surprised she was calling him. She heard talking in the background, but couldn't make it out. He told her he would call her back, then abruptly hung up the phone. She was about to dig deep into her thoughts when the sound of knocking brought her back. Tameka opened the door to see Merlynne standing there, a worried look on her face. " Hey girl! What's wrong? Come in!", she told her friend. Merlynne rushed in and they sat down. " Girl, I have something to tell you. Please don't be mad at me! You need to know this!", said Merlynne. Tameka didn't know what Merlynne was coming with. "What?", she asked. " I saw Hadrien again last night. We ran into Dex. Girl, Dex is Victorine's mamma old man! Hadrien and him had words. Apparently, Hadrien had knocked him on his ass the same day he did Derek them!", she said. Tameka's heart felt like it was breaking. " Girl, when he saw me, he didn't know how to act. Then him and Hadrien went at it. When I asked Hadrien what all the fuss was about, he told me that Dex was Jeraina Faye's old man. Then he told me of all the horrible things she was capable of. Think back, Tee. Right after y'all hooked up, you wound up in the hospital! What if he was helping Victorine? ", asks Merlynne. Tameka felt lower than a dog. " You know he's leaving me for her, right?", she asked softly. Merlynne gave her friend a hug. "Everything gonna be alright, Tee. What you need to be doing right now is resting." "No, fuck all that. I need to call my mamma."
**************************************************************
Victorine was in the kitchen cooking some breakfast. She heard her mamma and Dex arguing. "Why the fuck this bitch calling you? Dex, you best not be playing with me! You know better!", yelled Jeraina Faye. "I did what you wanted! God damn, I can't help it if she wants more!", Dex threw to her face. Jeraina Faye slapped his face hard, cursing him. " You muthafucka! I bet you enjoyed it too! Keep on, Dex! I bet I make your raggedy ass lose all your money! Then you'll have to lick my ass for real!", she yelled. Dex had enough. He grabbed his car keys. " Where you think you going?", she asked, quizzically. "Woman, you need to...." was all he got out. "I don't need to do shit!", she hissed, squeezing a doll she had made of him. Jeraina Faye had added a little set of testicles to the doll. She squeezed them mercilessly and Dex screamed and writhed in pain as Victorine looked on in horror. " Dex, don't fuck with me!", she taunted as he held onto himself between his legs. The more she gripped, the more pain he felt. "Okay, okay!", he begged her. "You better recognize who you fucking with!", she delivered, then walked away. Victorine hadn't a clue as to why all of this had went down.
Dex scampered away like a wounded dog with his tail between his legs. Damn Jeraina Faye! He walked into the spare bedroom and closed the door. Victorine looked at her mamma, trying to figure out what caused the argument. " Who was on the phone, Mamma?", she asked. Jeraina Faye straightened her frame haughtily, then said, " Nobody you need to worry about! What you need to be doing is working a root to get that man back in this house! I can't believe you, Victorine! You let Hadrien get away! You had a lapse in your power! You worrying about some seed dropper like that Derek, when you had a King in Hadrien! What's gotten into you? How could MY daughter do this?", Jeraina Faye carried on. Victorine looked stunned to hear all this. She fixed her breakfast of fried eggs and ham and fixed herself a glass of juice. "Look at you! You used to have a man doing that for you! But no, you had to let him leave! Worthless!", she yelled. Victorine had enough. She sat down to the kitchen table, and said, "Now you going a little too far, Mamma! You acting like you want him! Is that it , mamma? Exactly what did Hadrien mean when he said you had no decency?", she prodded. " Just eat your damned food and don't bother me! I got things to do!", she said as she stormed out of the kitchen. Victorine wondered if her mamma was slipping back into her old ways...
**************************************************************
Hadrien hadn't meant to involve Merlynne in the drama that seemed to be ensuing. When they had met up last night, it took Dex to test him, by Jeraina Faye's bequeathing, no doubt. That woman had did something powerful to him; it was wrong how she took it from him, but it was even worst how she made him think of her now. Here he was trying to escape from Victorine and her drama, now her mamma was upping the ante. Hadrien found that being with Merlynne was just that, an escape. She didn't ask questions or demanded anything. She was a good time, and he needed to have a good time. So when she came over again, he was glad to go party with her in the Quarter again. It seemed that was their magic place, where she led him by the hand to debauchery. He followed along , eager to feel uninhibited. They would drink and dance all night, then go back to his room for amazing sex. He planned to spend his week away like just like that; Merlynne was more than happy to meet him in the evenings. She would leave in the morning, because they'd be too exhausted to do anything else but sleep after their action. He really didn't know what she did during her day, but he wouldn't pry. He would work out in the gym and walk out for his lunch. He noticed a call from Victorine but ignored it. He needed to be away from it all. He thought of TonTon and Mrs. Cecile and called them, letting them know he was alright. They told him to be careful, and to keep them posted. Hadrien had a lot of soul searching to do, and he hoped to find what he needed.
***************************************************************
Tameka sat in her living room with her mamma, Clara Ann, and her grandmother, Mrs. Mary. When they had found out that Tameka had been in the hospital, they were upset that she hadn't told them. "You coulda called us!", scolded her Mamma. But when Tameka told them everything from Derek's betrayal to being thrown across the house, and to finding the little wax ball, they were outraged. " We taking you to Dr. Joe. He the only one could help turn things around.", said Clara Ann. It was a long trip, deep into the bayou. They drove for hours. When they finally reached their destination, Tameka was glad she had brought enough baby food and diapers for Precious. The three women and baby walked up to a little rusty gate, then furthered to the door. After a few knocks, an old lady who looked to be in her nineties opened the door. "How you doing, Ethelie? We're here to see Dr. Joe.", said Mrs. Mary. The woman let them in and made small talk with them, her high voice unusual. After a while, a tall, old man entered the parlor room. Mrs. Mary and Clara Ann stood, motioning to Tameka. She stood as well, the baby on her hip. After a brief explanation, the women took the baby from Tameka and she followed him into another part of the old house. He told her to sit down, and she eyed all of the jars and bottles she saw. Murky looking contents were in most of them, but she also saw dried chicken and alligator feet. Dr. Joe looked at her intensely, sitting down across from her. He told her that someone, a woman, was working a spell against her because of something she had revealed. Tameka thought about the video. Then he told her that what happened to her was done by a powerful person, the same woman who was working against her. He told her that her husband or boyfriend was being fixed to leave her and their child home alone, and that this other woman he was seeing was powerful as well and linked to the main oppressor. She asked about Dex. Dr. Joe told her to beware of a man with a gap toothed smile, because he would bring trouble into her life if she kept seeing him. This was a bad man, he said, a man who was also linked to her oppressor. He had a piece of her private property, he said, and was using it to harm her with this woman. Tameka immediately realized that she gave Dex her underwear that time. She felt so stupid. Dr. Joe told her not to feel stupid, but to be cautious about her surroundings and the people she deals with. He told her of hair and handwriting samples that they had in their possession. Tameka was furious. Dr. Joe sensed her anger and said, "That's right! Be angry! Get mad! Say it out loud, feel it inside. They only have power over you when you in the dark about it. Now that we know who it is, they won't have power over you anymore!" Tameka asked, "But who exactly is it?" Dr. Joe sucked his teeth and rocked in his seat. "Mais, you know who it is! You know this young woman and her mother! They hoodoos! The woman Big Nainan spawned these! They've lost their way! You have to break the hold they have on you! Fix yourself up! Don't cower in your house! You have to show these Pétain that God got you!", he dictated. Tameka wanted to believe in herself, but the way she was looking now, she felt embarrassed. Dr. Joe, outraged by her disbelief, went to one of his earthen jars. He made her take off her kerchief. He applied some kind of salve to her head, rubbing it on her scalp. It began to tingle, and smelled weird. He wrapped her her back up after saying a prayer over her. He looked at her, then said, " Now, go and change yourself! Take time for yourself. Don't worry about that man! He'll be back! If I was you, I wouldn't take his ass back! You will be able to take care of your daughter and yourself! " He took out a length of string, and began tying little knots in it. "Take this", he said, " and tie it around your baby's waist. No one will be able to harm her little soul. And as for you,", he said, "I will make you a cord, also." He took a longer length of string this time, and began tying the knots. Tameka watched him, studying his ways. After he made it long enough, he stood her up and made her lift her arms. He tied the string cord around her waist, and she immediately felt different. He went over to his table and found a little jar of iron shavings. He put a lodestone on a square piece of chamois skin, then added a piece of flannel, a black eyed pea, and a pinch of the iron shavings. He added some types of herbs and fashioned it into a little grisgris bag. " Keep this close to you. Pin it in your brassiere or underneath your shirt. Always keep it near you! Tie that string around your baby and y'all will have protection! " Tameka thanked Dr. Joe. She stood up and placed a wad of bills into his offering plate. She walked out into the parlor, where her family waited. She had a smile on her face. She tied the cord around Precious' waist and hugged her to her. Her mamma and grandmother knew Dr. Joe would make things right.
***************************************************************
Derek sat on Victorine's sofa, eating a plate of red beans and rice and sausage. Baby girl could burn, he said to himself. As long as the pussy was good and the food was right, he was at home. He noticed a big, fine older woman walking down the hall. She had ass on her for days. She glanced in his direction for a second, then carried on. Who was that?, he wondered. He would love to make her acquaintance.
Jeraina Faye walked to the spare room. She had sent Dex into town to buy some more liquor. She was running dry. She thought about fucking with Hadrien's mind, but decided to entice the dog Victorine was currently seeing. Jeraina Faye looked in the mirror, her face still beautiful. She walked into the living room, where Derek sat. " How you doing?", she asked huskily, with a smile. Derek sat up straight. "I'm Jeraina Faye, Victorine's mamma.", she cooed. Derek couldn't believe that this fine ass woman was Victorine's mom. They made small talk and mingled. Derek's eyes traveled up and down Jeraina Faye's body. As she looked at him, she thought, look how fucking weak. She knew she could have him in the middle of his beans, if she wanted to. But this was no Hadrien. That was a MAN, she thought. Jeraina Faye grew bored of Derek and his eye fucking, and got up and walked to her room. A heat developed inside, thinking about Hadrien. She would get back on that massive dick if it was the last thing she'd ever do. He'd be no match for her once she would set her mind to it. She took out the piece of his dreadlocks and opened her case with the replica of his phallus. She licked her lips thinking of him. Jeraina Faye was about to have another session of playing with his mind, when suddenly she saw a spectre of warning, floating before her. Jeraina Faye dropped the wax effigy and stood tall. " What you want with me, huh?", she asked the spirit. A cold pair of long dead eyes watched her, the long expression of its face chilling her.