Bad Mamma Jamma

A few months had passed. Victorine did the counseling, just like Big Nainan. Steady money began to come in. People loved her, they feared her, they worshipped her. They would bring her whatever she asked for. In the older days, hoodoos would get paid with goods such as eggs, honey, and staple items. But now, in Victorine's day, it was cash, baby, in addition to the gifts they bestowed upon her.

     Victorine's name was well known. She thought she could be bigger than Marie Laveau, but that was a dangerous thing to think. And it was outright silly, because even though Victorine was powerful, there was always someone more powerful than her: Teta. But Victorine carried on, and the people still loved her.

    She began to have more and more clients, rich folks from New Orleans. Her numbers got bigger and bigger. Hadrien had been with her this whole time. He fought back his infatuation for Teta, but on many a night while laying with Victorine, his mind would travel to Teta and her wondrous nature. He once told TonTon of his trouble. He knew he was now Victorine's consort, but he had feelings for another woman. TonTon assured him that in time, he would make the right decision. He was fond of Teta as well. Her story gained much respect in the hoodoo world.

     One day while Victorine sat in her kitchen, Hadrien came in. He looked at her, sitting there, gorgeous. " Damn," he thought to himself, " Any man would be proud to have this woman. I am a lucky man." She stood up and gave him a hug. Victorine had went against her word when she had decided to burn a candle on  Hadrien. She couldn't have him thinking of another woman. She had began to hate Teta. What did Hadrien see in her? She wasn't pretty, she was country as hell, and she was a loner. One day when she and Hadrien had went into town together, they ran into Teta. She was bringing some supplies to one of the shops, and one of her boxes fell. Hadrien's eyes almost popped out when she bent down to retrieve it, exposing the view of her shapely bosom. They walked over to her and Hadrien grabbed some of the other boxes. Teta looked surprised to see him, but there was a gladness too. Victorine narrowed her eyes. " Oh, thank you, bredren! Victorine! You look stunning!", she replied.

     Teta was NOT a hater. If she gave you your props, you can trust it was genuine. Victorine smiled and thanked her, then pulled off with Hadrien. He felt uncomfortable being dragged off like that, but he went along. While Victorine talked on her phone with Dreeky, he slyly turned back to see Teta. She was collecting her boxes, and the strap of her camisole fell gently. He wanted to be there to lift it up. A young man named Carliss saw her and ran to help her out. Hadrien cursed silently as Teta smiled at another man....Victorine quickly brought him back. "So, are we having lunch, or do you need to go help Teta?", she spat. The look in her eyes was cold. " I'd rather eat you," he teased, kissing her lips, to please her, but all the while meaning Teta. She smiled, flashing perfect teeth, taking the lie. When they walked into the restaurant, she smiled back at Teta.
**************************************************************

    Jeraina Faye laid across the bed, her perfectly coiled hair a mess. She took a long drag from her cigarette, then reached over to the bed table and grabbed her glass of Crown and Coke, finishing it down in a long swallow. Her new friend,  Johnny sat in his boxers, drinking and smoking as well. He tried to reach for her, but she pulled away. She walked into the bathroom, staggering. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her beauty was beginning to fade, but she still had it. Jeraina Faye was a bad mamma jamma , 5ft.3 with a brick house of a body. She had what mens wanted, and she knew it. She'd bounce from man to man, draining their pocketbooks, life savings, and spirits.

    She liked them old and young, didn't matter at all, so long as they had money. Jeraina Faye liked to dress to impress. She also liked to drink. As a young child, Jeraina Faye showed signs of extreme power. With her mamma being Big Nainan, she was well received by folks throughout town. But Jeraina Faye wanted all the status for herself. Her mamma had taught her many things, and she sometimes did a little dabbling on her own. It was around that time, when she was 15, that Jeraina Faye became full of herself. TonTon MaCootre's older brother, T- Black had a sweet eye for the young vixen. He would watch her whenever Big Nainan would come over to TonTon's. His wife Matilda was Mrs. Cecile's sister, and she was a kind woman, with an understanding heart. When the whole family would be sitting around the dinner table for holidays, T-Black would always make small  talk with Jeraina Faye, teasing her. She would banter back, enjoying the fact that such a powerful older man found her intriguing.