The Heart Wants What It Wants

When Victorine noticed that Hadrien wasn't in the crowd enjoying himself, she went to find him. As she passed through the crowd of partygoers, everyone wished her well. She couldn't find Hadrien anywhere. Something made her go outside. As she was going out, he was coming in. He had a troubled look on his face. Victorine was going to get to the bottom of this, but first, she wanted to enjoy the rest of her party. She pulled him onto the dance floor and held him close as they danced to Maxwell's Fortunate. Hadrien loved the way Victorine's body felt as they danced. He prayed that Tameka's accusations about Victorine were false.
***************************************************************
Teta busied herself in her kitchen. She had promised Fiyah a meal, and she wanted everything to be right. The smells of potatoes baking filled the air. She was stationed at her stove, rib eye steak cooking. She prepared a macaroni casserole, and homemade dinner rolls. For dessert, she made a chocolate cake. She didn't know if he drank, so she made a pitcher of lemonade. After the food was done and his arrival time was nearing, Teta took time for herself and went to her stash. She was just about to go deep into her experience, when there was a knock at the door. Teta answered to find Fiyah standing at the door, a bouquet of wild flowers in one hand, a bottle of Sangria in the other. She loved him already.
Teta smiled at his sight, and said, "Come in! Come in!" He walked in and gave her the flowers and the bottle of wine. When she thanked him, he said, " My parents always told me never show up empty handed." She gave him a hug, secretly trying to feel what his body was like. It seemed Fiyah was doing the same, because the hug lingered a bit too long. She led him to the living room and he sat while she put the wine to chill and put the flowers in a vase. She came back to her spliff and relit it. Fiyah watched as Teta inhaled the goodness, then passed it to him. He hit it just as hard, enjoying it. There was something unique about Teta and her weed, he understood. Fiyah took in the smoke and closed his eyes, his head going back slightly. Teta had the urge to straddle him and..... No, she wanted this to last, and the very last thing she needed was for Papa Legba to send his minions.
After they finished smoking, to the table they went . She laid out the meal before him, and he seemed genuine when he told her no woman, save for his mother and grandmother had ever cooked for him. Teta said, " Well, let's change that." " This is so nice of you to do. Thank you. ", said Fiyah. They ate their meal, talking about each other's lives. Fiyah told her that his parents died when he was 14, murdered by a so called family friend. Teta felt horrible. She could see the pain in his eyes. She changed the subject, not wanting to cause him any more grief. Fiyah explained how he had his own little loft over his grandparents barn. He didn't have any children or any females, at the moment. He said he had dated girls in the past, but they always ended up playing him, and he'd rather be alone than someone's monkey.
Fiyah wanted to know her story. After they finished dinner, he helped her wash the dishes, then they retired to the living room, where after another spliff, Teta opened up to him. She told him all about her family and her curse. When she told him about Papa Legba, he worried for her, and himself, because he found himself growing fond of Teta. She was all woman , it seemed. She was gracious and kind, and very intelligent. Teta's power seemed to ooze out of her. And that body! Fiyah felt himself getting aroused, looking at her wonderful cleavage. He broke his stare away, trying to look elsewhere. Teta could tell that he was attracted to her; hell, she was attracted to him also. But Teta didn't have a clue as to whether or not Papa Legba would punish her. He knew of her liasion with Hadrien, but still in all, she wanted to be able to be released from his spell, because Fiyah was casting his own spell on her.
**************************************************************
Sweet Dex poured Jeraina Faye another glass of whiskey. She thirstily drank it all down, then pushed the glass for another. Her hair and nails were immaculate. Dex eyed Jeraina Faye as he poured once more. He admired the way she could drink and fight like a man, but fuck him like a woman. He didn't mind the fact that she was a hoodoo; she kept his pockets fat, and as much as she herself loved money, she always made sure her man was right. They made the perfect team. That's why he didn't mind investing a little money into renting a house for them and moving back to New Orleans, so Jeraina Faye could do her counseling and keep them dollars coming in. To celebrate, he took his woman out to the steakhouse, for a succulent meal. Jeraina Faye was always a a proud one, but now it seemed that she was as ornery as ever. With a cat like Sweet Dex on her side, she felt more powerful than ever. She ordered proudly.
When their entrées made it to the table, Jeraina Faye had already had two drinks, and was awaiting another. Her and Dex feasted on their well done bone-in steaks with blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, sweet potato French fries, and a nest of fried onion strings. Jeraina Faye caught one of the servers staring at Dex. She excused herself from the table and started off in the direction of the bathroom, but veered off and cornered the young woman. " You got something you wanna say to me?", she hissed. The look on her face was enough to scare the shit out of her. She shook her head no, and Jeraina Faye added, " You better keep those pretty little eyes and your mind on your job, unless you wanna deal with me! And believe me, you don't want to have to deal with me!" The girl trembled, let out a weak "Sorry", and ran back to the kitchen. Jeraina Faye smiled, then went back to her table. That's when she got the call....
***************************************************************
Hadrien nervously awaited the message from Tameka. A whole day had passed and still no sign of this alleged video. He was beginning to think that it was all a lie. He thought of Victorine and their wild birthday night. As he was lost in his thoughts, he heard his phone chime. His heart beat wildly as he picked it up. It was from Tameka. He accepted the message, a video. Well, here it was. He saw Derek L. getting in his woman from behind, Victorine seemingly enjoying herself. He watched on to see his Victorine encouraging oral action with Derek. Hadrien was so upset, he threw his phone across the room. It was true! He saw her, clear as crystal, having sex with another man!
Hadrien stormed out of the house and kept waking. He needed to clear his mind. He walked over to TonTon's house. The old man knew something was wrong when he saw Hadrien. His face was pained, and his breathing was irregular. " Son, what's happened to you?", a worried TonTon asked. Hadrien couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears filed his eyes. TonTon took him inside, where Hadrien told him every single detail. The old man hated to see his son hurting so, and especially behind Victorine, whom they all thought so high of. Maybe it would have been a good thing for him to be with Teta. Mrs. Cecile came in to see them talking. Hadrien hugged her tightly. She had overheard some of the conversation. She offered Hadrien a slice of sweet potato pie that Teta had just brought by. He thought of Teta then, and how much he missed her. He could have kicked himself for not following his heart before. Now here he was, engaged to a woman he knew had cheated on him and God knows what else. He had some figuring out to do before he could face Victorine.
***************************************************************
Teta hadn't planned what happened, it just felt so natural, so right. After they had a piece of chocolate cake, Teta felt a stirring inside of her. She could hear the ancestors about them. Fiyah sensed something was happening too, and he held onto Teta's hand. Their touch sparked a great fire inside of them. As they looked into each other's eyes, they saw each other's souls. Fiyah held the back of her head and brought her face to his, kissing her tenderly. Teta could feel herself letting go, enjoying Fiyah's tongue. She craved more from him, so when she nibbled his bottom lip, he allowed her to do what she wanted. He kissed her passionately, tasting her aura. She slid her tongue in his mouth, drinking him. Fiyah wanted her so badly, but he respected her and Papa Legba. He would give Teta all of him, if she would have him, at the right time. But right now, kissing her made him happier than he's been in a long time... Teta slid her hand down his chest and lingered on his six pack. She wanted him so badly, the anecdote to her lonliness. She could feel his want, growing longer and harder, as close as they were. Their passionate kisses led to her laying him down, further kissing him into a frenzy. Fiyah almost forgot his declaration when Teta felt his erection. He had to use all the will power he had not to shred her clothes and make love to her. Teta wanted to keep this man, so reluctantly, she stopped doing what she was doing to him. They were in tune with each other, and she wanted whatever this was turning into to last.
**************************************************************
Victorine sensed something wasn't right. She hadn't seen Dreeky since the party, and now Hadrien was M.I.A. She walked into the living room, en route to her kitchen for leftovers from the party. She was famished! Her and Hadrien had a wild session that night. She opened her refrigerator and took out the first thing she could find. While walking back to her room, she noticed something out of place. She took her a closer look. It was Hadrien's phone! The screen was slightly cracked. She turned it on to see a video message from Tameka Ross!!! What the fuck was this bitch doing, sending her man a message! She played the video, only to see herself getting fucked doggystyle by Derek L. The son of a bitch was taping her! Victorine felt so low, so stupid, so played. She was supposed to be better than this. She watched, looking at herself sucking Derek, feeling sick. Literally. She ran to the bathroom and threw up. She couldn't believe that Derek videoed her, his baby mamma knew, and now Hadrien had seen it. She needed to act fast, but all she could do was curl up in bed, because she suddenly felt ill. She dialed Dreeky's number, but still no response. She called the only other person she could, her mamma. It was a good thing she kept the last number she had. Victorine listened as the phone rang. "Hello, mamma?", she asked weakly, " Please, mamma, I need you!"
*************************************************************
Hadrien sat underneath an oak tree near the far end of TonTon's property. He felt as low as a flea on a dog's belly. Why did he keep on hurting himself? He knew Victorine loved him, but for her to do this type of shit, really made him question himself. He knew he drove her to it, the night of the Danse'. But even then, he knew it was from before, when he made love to Teta, and he allowed a piece of himself to stay with her.
It was as if he summoned her. Teta walked towards him, holding a wrapped up plate of food. He stood, and watched her groove towards him. Damn, this woman was fine! And so generous, too. Here she was, making sure he had something to eat. He gave Teta a warm hug, then they both sat in the grass. "I brought you something", she said. He opened up to find some fried catfish, coleslaw, potato salad, and a roll. His heart got full.
Teta saw tears in his eyes. " Speak to me", she said. Hadrien told her everything, from how he caught Victorine with O'Shea, to how he felt his mind was being fixed, to how he saw her on video." How am I supposed to marry her if she's constantly playing with me?" he asked. "Marry her? You proposed to her?", Teta asked, a hurt feeling about her. Hadrien couldn't face her eyes. He turned, dropped his head as if in defeat, and said, " Yes, I proposed on her birthday. " Teta stood, as if to leave. Hadrien sprang up and grabbed her arm. " Please Teta. Don't go. I need you.", he pleaded. Teta removed her arm from his grip, looked him dead in the eyes, and said," You need to sort out your life, Hadrien. You and Victorine both.", then she walked away from him, and out of his life, it seemed. The last thing he had wanted to do was hurt Teta, and by the looks of it, he had.
**************************************************************
Dreeky and Cesaire laid on lawn chairs around the pool at the Mirage. They had flew out to Las Vegas right after Victorine's party. When Cesaire seen how Hadrien stepped up to the plate and proposed to Victorine, he decided that it was time for him to be made an honest man. He's had nothing but happiness since meeting Dreeky, so why not? He had joked about a double wedding before with Hadrien, but now, he decided, he was gonna take it farther. Cesaire didn't give Dreeky time to go home and pack. When they left the party, he drove straight to the airport, after making reservations. Dreeky was so surprised when his man took his hand and told him he had a surprise for him. After landing in Vegas, they rode to the famous Mirage hotel, where Cesaire took him shopping. When they stopped at the jewelers, Dreeky's heart skipped. Cesaire picked out a sparkling band. Dreeky's eyes got big as Cesaire got down on one knee, and said," I know we haven't been together long, but you have made me more happier than I've ever been. I want to be with you and take care of you and protect you. Will you marry me?" Dreeky squealed with excitement, then said, "Oh, Cesaire! Yes! Yes bitch!" , and hugged him tightly. "You will?", cried Cesaire, " Well, then, let's go!" He purchased another matching band, and they were off to the wedding chapel to get married. After the ceremony was over, Dreeky exclaimed, "I's married now!" Cesaire laughed and held Dreeky in his arms."The heart wants what it wants!"