Kiss Of Life

Teta fretted. She knew the time was coming when Papa Legba would take her as his concubine and absorb her power. What she didn't know was what he was planning for her. Papa Legba wanted her, he wanted Teta to love him, not just be his source of power. It's true that her power was unlike any he's ever come across. She was a wild woman, she had a warrior spirit in her. Teta had survived one of the most devastating events in Hoodoo history, and she still grew more powerful by the day. Her huge bonfires stayed aglow, many a night. Teta would be out there in the darkness, dancing around her fires. She tried to appease the spirits of the ancestors.
Papa Legba would look on, hidden in the shadows. There was no need for drums, for Teta made her own music; she could hear different melodies no one else could. It seemed as if she were preparing for something..... Papa would watch her consistently, his want, his need, his passion growing for her. When he tried to go to her one night, she refused him entry. This made Papa livid.
" How dare you refuse me!", he proclaimed. Teta simply stared at him. He thought that after all those lusty nights, she was starting to feel something for him, but now here she stood, as wondrous and stubborn as ever and refusing him. He wanted to hurt her, to bruise her spirit, then lap her sweet nectar as an aperitif. He pushed her down onto her bed and ripped her clothes off. She took no shame in her nakedness. She stood, staring at him without feeling. It was killing him, how she was treating such as he!! Papa Legba threw her down on the bed again, this time covering her body. "Give me my due!", he yelled, " Like you gave it to me before!" Teta looked him in his eyes, then said, "If you want this, you're going to have to take it, because I will never GIVE it to you again! How dare you Papa!", she yelled.
Papa grew angry, grabbing her throat in his fashion. He watched as her nipples hardened, wondering if she was wet. He himself was about to burst out of his pants. Teta petitioned her mind to numbness, centering herself. She grabbed his hand and put it inside of her, shattering Papa Legba's control. He groaned deeply as she took his jugs into her. Teta's power threw him now, onto her bed. He looked a lost puppy. She pulled his pants down, revealing him. Teta hopped onto his staff and sank herself to its hilt, driving Papa wild. Why was this woman doing this! Teta rode him hard and unrelentingly, hurting Papa. She worked away at him until he violently came inside of her, some of his power seeping out in his sperm.
Teta felt triumphant. She killed him softly every time they were together, so from now on, every time he'd come for her, she'd drain him of a bit of his power, until she had all of it. This was the only way. Nothing, not even Papa Legba, would stop her from being on Fiyah....
***************************************************************
Victorine paced the floor. She had no idea where Hadrien was, and every time she called Dreeky's phone, it went straight to voicemail. She stood guard at the window, watching. Victorine thought she was gonna go crazy. Her head hurt, her stomach turned, and she was sweating, slightly. She went to the kitchen for a bottle of water, stopping to stare at a picture of her and Hadrien. She was so sorry for what she did. She wished she never had slept with Derek.
The sound of a car engine brought her back. She ran to the window to see the most sexiest man she had ever seen, opening up the door of his red Cadillac Seville, and out stepped her mamma, Jeraina Faye, looking bad. She strut up to the door, where Victorine waited. " Thank you for coming, mamma. Come in, please.", she said. Jeraina Faye stalked in, followed by Dex, who couldn't take his eyes off of Victorine. "Victorine, this here Dex, my man. Baby, this here Victorine, my daughter.", she explained simply. " So now you need mamma, huh?", she spat. " Please, y'all come in and make yourselves comfortable. I cooked, so if y'all hungry or thirsty, please, help yourselves.", Victorine offered.
They walked into the kitchen to find red beans and rice with sausage, fried turkey wings, potato salad, and bread. Sweet Dex took a seat as Victorine fixed them each a heavy plate. Jeraina Faye walked over to the bar and took a bottle of whiskey out, then filled her a glass with ice and went to the table." We'll talk later, after we eat and get settled in.", said Jeraina Faye. She poured herself a tall drink. " Go on and get some rest. That baby needs its rest." Victorine spun around and dropped her plate. "Baby?"
***************************************************************
Hadrien woke up in his old room at TonTon's. His truck and all his belongings was still at Victorine's. Mrs. Cecile was in the kitchen cooking cushcush, and TonTon was out back, getting his early morning walk. Hadrien slipped out of the house and started down the trail. He walked all the way to Teta's place. He was sure he had hurt her feelings when he told her about proposing to Victorine. Hadrien hoped that he was still welcomed.
Teta sensed him coming. He had his nerve! She calmed herself, then thought of Fiyah, and how this whole mess could only be a blessing to her. She smiled at Hadrien, then offered him in. Hadrien couldn't meet Teta's eyes. " Are you hungry?", she asked. " No, I'm fine. Look Teta, I just wanted to apologize. For everything. ", he said. Teta turned off her pots and went into her living room, sitting besides him. " Hadrien, listen to me. What we shared was beautiful, and sexual, but it lead to me being ripped apart by the spirits, and it lead Victorine to seek attention elsewhere. Don't judge her harsh for that. Now as for the fixing you part, its gonna come back to her, threefold! You have to get right with yourself, and she needs to get ready, because she will be punished! You are her consort! You need to be able to guide her through this hardship she will face! You are a wonderful, sensual king. You sparked up feelings in me I never thought possible. But now I move on, as shall you. Be a strong man for her. Forgive her, and forgive yourself. ", she said.
Hadrien looked into Teta's eyes and knew she was right. He took her hand and kissed it, a final goodbye. She smiled at him with her heart. She hoped that Victorine would appreciate him.
**************************************************************
Jeraina Faye walked around Victorine's bedroom, eyes scanning over everything. Victorine lay in bed, a cold compress on her forehead. Her mind swam: she was pregnant. Dex drove over to the drugstore and bought a pregnancy kit. She went into the bathroom and peed on the test. Sure enough, the result was positive. Victorine felt scared, for the first time ever. What would Hadrien say?
Jeraina Faye sat down besides her. Her eyes looked glazed over. " Victorine, there's a lot I never told you. You were too young to understand. But now you're a woman, a pregnant woman, and about to be a married woman. You mark me! Your man will come home to you! Do not worry. Mamma will take care of this Tameka!
Trust your mamma! You trust me, right? You wouldn't have called me if you thought I couldn't help you! Now, about this Derek...."
**************************************************************
Fiyah knocked on Teta's door. When she opened up, he thought she was an illusion. She had the biggest smile on her face. " Come in, love", she said. He gave her a warm hug and kissed her neck, causing her body to tingle. He gave her another bouquet of flowers, and this time, he had a bottle of Strawberry Hill. She loved his simplicity. He made everything refreshing.
She led him to the dining table, where she had laid out for him a meal of sliced baked ham, cornbread, sweet peas, baked macaroni, fried chicken, dinner rolls, and banana pudding. A pitcher of sweet tea waited. Fiyah looked at her and smiled. He took her hand and said,"Teta, you are wonderful to me. This looks great!" Teta ordered him to sit down and began serving him. Fiyah ate heartily, savoring Teta's food. She loved to see a man eat. Teta watched his handsome jaw line as he chewed.
After they finished their dinner, they retired to the living room, where Teta went to her stash. She pulled out a special spliff she had rolled earlier. He flicked the lighter for her, holding it as she lit the blunt carefully, drawing in the magick deliciousness. She passed it to Fiyah, who mirrored her actions. The smoke filled them. It gave them life. Teta could hear the ancestors; powerful vibrations filled the air. She laid Fiyah back against her sofa, kissing him deeply in the mouth, then putting the blunt to his lips. There was something sensual happening between them, and they both were ready for it. It was undeniable. The attraction between them was so thick, you could cut through it with a knife. Something was happening indeed, and it wasn't just the weed . They were into each other, and Teta wanted to give her all to Fiyah, to make him hers, but she knew what she had to do first, before she could take Fiyah to that level. She was careless with her passion with Hadrien, and damn near got ripped in half for it. Teta vowed she would finish off Papa Legba, once and for all, and only then would she be able to have Fiyah like she wanted.
**************************************************************
Hadrien made his way home. He had a lot on his mind. He saw a bad cherry red Cadillac Seville with elbow rims parked in front of the house. His mind raced..he couldn't believe Victorine had someone else here, again! This time would be the final time.....
Hadrien walked in, ready for a fight. He saw Victorine laying balled up on the sofa, a sharp dressed cat at the kitchen table, and then, Jeraina Faye, Victorine's mamma, stood in front of him, every delectable inch. "Well, it's about time you show yourself.", she spat. Hadrien looked on as Victorine weakly walked up to him. " Mamma, please. Let me," she begged. Hadrien looked at Victorine, then their company. " You know my mamma. And this is Dex, her man." Victorine offered. Dex stood and walked up to Hadrien, then shook his hand. " Victorine, we need to talk, privately. " he said. Victorine looked at her mamma, and Jeraina Faye nodded her head and gave a little wink.
Victorine and Hadrien walked into the bedroom. Victorine started by saying, " Baby, I know you're upset with me. I never meant to hurt you. But I needed to feel wanted and appreciated. I was afraid you wanted Teta, so I did something stupid. Please forgive me.",she said. Hadrien hugged her, then said," I'm sorry too, Victorine. I should have never put you in that predicament. I need you to forgive me, baby. I need you to forgive me!" He held her tight as she cried. " Baby, you're going to be a daddy!," she told him through tears. Hadrien's eyes got big. He felt so happy, he could burst! But just then, he remembered what Teta had said about Victorine being punished for what she had been doing to him, and prayed the baby would be safe. Of course, he never mentioned any of it to Victorine. His job was to love her, and protect her and their baby. He picked her up in his arms. Victorine laughed, then asked," Are we okay, baby? Do you forgive me?" Hadrien answered her by kissing her hard. "Everything will be okay. You'll see. I promise."
Meanwhile, Jeraina Faye had searched the house until she found what she needed: a lock of Hadrien's dreads Victorine had harvested. With just this, she could make a powerful grisgris to keep Hadrien home with Victorine. She had sent Dex to the beauty parlor / barbershop where Tameka got her hair done. Sweet Dex, using his pimp game on the hairdresser, got close enough to collect some of Tameka's real hair, before they applied her sew in. Tameka was under his spell as well. All he had to do was splash his sexy, winning smile, and she was hooked. Shit, he thought, I might put this filly on my team. Tameka stared at Dex as he left the shop, her hairs in his pocket. He looked back at her and smiled, once more, leaving the place. Some of the women went wild, speaking all at once, running to the window to see him. When they saw him get in his Cadillac, they all swooned. He allowed them another one of his lady killer smiles, then laughed and drove off to bring his woman want she had asked for.
**************************************************************
When Dreeky and Cesaire landed in New Orleans, they were loaded with shopping bags and new luggage. They were married, legally, and they wanted the whole world to know how much in love they were. Dreeky knew that Victorine would chew him out for not calling her. He had bought her a beautiful purse in Vegas, and he wanted to bring it to her, but first things first: they had to bless Cesaire's loft as a married couple.
Later that afternoon, Dreeky called Victorine. " Bitch, where the hell have you been? I needed your ass so many times since the night of the party! Dreeky, where were you!", Victorine yelled. " Wait, calm down bitch! What's happened? ", Dreeky asked. Victorine went on to tell him every detail, from Tameka sending the video of her and Derek, to how she had to call her mamma for help, and about her pregnancy. " You pregnant, bitch? Oh, my God! Victorine! I'm so happy for y'all! Oh, I have news as well..Cesaire and I got married, bitch!!!! Oh,yes! He flew us to Vegas, and we did it! I's married now!!! ", he clowned. Victorine's mouth hit the floor. " Y'all got married? Oh my God, Dreeky!! This is wonderful!", Victorine gushed. They made plans to meet in town for dinner later, Cesaire's treat, and Jeraina Faye and Dex were invited.
That night, they all met up at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. Cesaire ordered a special bottle of wine to celebrate the occasions. He made a toast, saying," Here's to my wonderful partner Dreeky, may our love last forever. And here's to the new parents. You have been blessed indeed." Everyone raised their glasses, Victorine's held sparkling water. They dug into their assorted meals and ate heartily. Victorine was eating for two now, and she tore up her blackened catfish, and dug in on the two huge seafood platters they had ordered as appetizers. Hadrien smiled to himself as he watched her eat. He noticed Jeraina Faye's face. It's as if she was lost in thought. Hadrien raised his glass now. "I would also like to thank Ms. Jeraina Faye and Dex, for coming to Victorine's aid. Its so good to see mother and daughter together again. I promise I'll do right by Victorine and the baby!"
Jeraina Faye gave him a coy look, then said,"Oh, I know." If they only knew what she knew.