Doing What Needs To Be Done

Midsummer approached. Hadrien helped Mrs.Cecile prepare her famous shrimp and crab stew. He even caught the crabs himself, down by the bayou. He walked over to Teta's stand and purchased 10 lbs. of fresh gulf shrimp.

Teta was still young, but she was an old school hoodoo. She ran a stand that provided any kind of pleasure you could want. From grisgris to ganga to gumbo, she had it, and it would be the best you ever had. She was magick that way. A Fire Witch, she worked with candles. She performed bonfire rituals on her private property, and trekked through the deep woods to her sacred tree to leave offerings. She did the work alone, a solitary witch. She was kindred to spirits, and the ancestors she honored. From the Black blue-eyed Indians to the Sub- Saharan Africans, she honored them.

And they blessed her in return. She was in tune with nature, Mother Nature's daughter. Her sexual prowess left such a web of wanton desire, she actually bottled it up and gave it to women who came to her when their husbands strayed. ONE drop, and that was that. Them cheating mens would appreciate their wives in a new light. Teta was the only one who still used the old time ways of the treators. She had unlimited power she scarcely used, afraid of what she might do...

When she saw Hadrien coming up the dirt road she figured he was coming by for ingredients for Mrs. Cecile's shrimp and crab stew. Every year round Midsummer, TonTon MaCootre would host a great dinner for everyone in the area. All were welcomed. Everyone would bring a dish to offer. " Hello there, bredren! ", she called. " Coming for some shrimp, eh?" He smiled a dazzling smile and she could see the spark of his eyes. "You know this", he teased. " You always have the best!"

She wrapped him up 10 lbs.of shrimp in brown paper, then put it in an ice- filled Styrofoam box. She added her finishing touch of blessing over it, and handed it to Hadrien. He admired Teta, her earthly beauty, her powerful aura, her shapely bosom.....He hurried back from his thoughts and smiled at her. She offered him a cool drink. They spoke of the preparations for the meal."Oh, I have a pan of my jambalaya for you to bring Mrs. Cecile. Tell her I'm sending it for y'all, now. I will make something special for St. John's." She smiled mischievously.

"Here, come see", she said. She went inside her place, and opened up a little wooden box. Her special stash of weed. She produced a fat, twisted spliff rolled out of bible paper. Her way of " higher heights". He smiled and they sat down. She lit the spliff up and took it in, then passed it to him. He took a purposely long, purposely delicious toke. He exhaled deeply , the smoke engulfing him. "Yes eye," she said, " feel them spirits!"

Teta's weed would have you feeling things you never thought you could. Hadrien felt a familiar urge, and as they smoked together, he wondered what it would be like to be together with Teta, for real. He had powerful lust for Victorine, but what he was beginning to feel for Teta was something otherworldly. He looked at her closely. She wasn't a beauty Queen, but she was a Queen indeed. Her self- confidence is what attracted him to her. Her aura he wanted to drink. The Kundalini was beginning to rise, more powerful than it had been with Victorine.

Teta sensed something was happening. When Hadrien looked at her, she saw the flames of the legbas. He moved in closer to her and kissed her, his mouth a portal to wonders. Their tongues lapped along in unison with each other. Hadrien wanted to suckle her blessed breasts, to fill his hands with their fullness, their weight, but he didn't get a chance to carry out his plan.

Teta allowed herself to enjoy the kiss a minute, then broke the spell by moving away from him. " But.....", he tried to plea, but she stood up and went to her kitchen. He squirmed on the sofa, a huge bulge waiting to erupt from his pants. He wanted her right there and then. She returned with a brown paper bag. " Here. I knew you would get hungry." He opened the bag to find a fried fish sandwich, his favorite. "Um, I gotta get back to work. Give TonTon and Mrs. Cecile my love. Don't forget the shrimp and the jambalaya!"