Riches and Wishes

Victorine stormed through the house, livid with anger. She had seen the way Hadrien looked at Teta when he let go of her hand. I should have slapped that bitch, too, thought Victorine. Dreeky and Cesaire had came to her rescue, taking her out of there. She needed a shower to relax her nerves. Victorine went into her bedroom and undressed. She started the shower then she heard knocking. Victorine wrapped herself in a towel and went to the door.
One of her clients, O'Shea, stood at the door with a bottle of Alize'. He looked at her half naked body and flashed her a sexy smile. He said," Hope you don't mind...I was in the area, and I once heard you say you drank Alize', so here you go." He kissed her cheek and Victorine smiled. She knew she should make him leave, but she wanted Hadrien to catch her, to suffer for choosing another. "If this is a bad time, I can leave.", he said. Victorine grabbed his hand and led him in.
" Just let me put on some clothes",she said. "Fix us a drink, okay? I'll be right back!", she tiptoed to her room. O'Shea fixed the drinks, then went into the room where Victorine stood naked. He startled her, then before she knew it, he was on her, holding her, touching her, kissing her. What should she do?
Hadrien pulled up to see a car in the driveway. He went to the door and went inside. The livingroom was empty; two glasses of Alize' on the coffee table. Hadrien's mind went numb as he walked into the bedroom to see a very naked Victorine, with the shady food delivery cat from before, perched between her legs, eating her out. Hadrien grabbed O'Shea and threw him across the floor. Victorine seen the strength in her man, for real, for the first time. Hadrien loved her, this she knew, as she watched him pummel O'Shea with his fists. It turned her on to see this fire in him. When he was done beating O'Shea' s ass, he pick himself up and scrambled out of the house to his car.
Victorine's mouth hung open as Hadrien turned to her. She wanted him to ravage her. She had to do this, right now. It was now or never. Victorine ran up to Hadrien and unzipped his pants. He slapped her hands away. "Stop!", he growled. " All this time, Victorine, and you just keep making it harder for us! " She held his hands, her touch nauseating him. "Just get off of me!", he yelled, then walked out of the room. She followed him, still naked. He made it to the front door and was about to leave her for good, when she pulled out a doll she had made from the fabric of his boxers. She squeezed it tightly, twisting it around. Hadrien stopped in his tracks, then turned around, hand still on the doorknob. She stared at him intensely, then held out her hand. Hadrien went to her, lifting her in his arms and taking her to bed.
***************************************************************
Teta sat in the dark in her bedroom. She thought of the sordid little melodrama of Victorine's slap to Hadrien's face. She hoped he was okay. This tension they had going on between them was bringing her down. She wanted Hadrien to come to her, but he was taken, and now under her own terms, she wouldn't be allowed to have an orgasm, save for the ones Papa gave her.
Teta tore a page out of her Bible and filled it with goodness. As she was licking it sealed, Papa Legba appeared before her. "I like the way you do that", he said, his accent thick. Teta lit the joint and toked it, drawing in all that magick, then passed it to Papa. He laughed, then took the joint from her, hitting it hard, the fire in his eyes already. They went back and forth, letting that fire work. Teta could feel herself riling up, a sensation tingling to her toes. She could feel the Kundalini rising up her spine. She boldly perched in front of Papa, touching his ever rising erection, freeing it from its captivity. She pulled on him, driving him mad. Papa helped her out by wrapping his giant hand around his gigantic staff. Teta licked the length of him, then placed him in her mouth. Her throat stretched to the limit with every thrust he gave her face. He pulled himself out of her mouth, careful not to damage her, then laid her back onto the bed, sucking away at her clitoris with such primal force, she came screaming. Papa laughed lustfully, then climbed on top of her. Teta took all of him in, and let's be real, Papa was even larger than Hadrien's 24oz. can- sized tool.
***************************************************************
Hadrien stared at the ceiling as he lay in bed, Victorine asleep, grappling him. He couldn't understand what the fuck he was doing sometimes, it seemed. Had he not just walked in on his woman being eaten by another cat, only minutes after being slapped in the face? Victorine was really doing a number on him. She was making an effort, though. She tried harder to please him, cooking special dinners, greeting him when he came home in sexy lingerie, and helping Mrs. Cecile more. She even took on less younger men as clients, proving to her man she was his. She still had hatred for Teta, but she never brought her up.
One day, when Victorine had met up with Dreeky in town, a young woman came to make an appointment. When Hadrien told her Victorine wasn't in, the woman smirked, then said, "Can you tell her Tameka Ross came by? Thanks," she added, looking Hadrien up and down. There was something about the look she gave him...When Victorine had came home, he gave her Tameka's message. Victorine suddenly had a cross look on her face.
Victorine's birthday was coming up, and she wanted to have a lavish event at Republic, which meant a D.J., performers, caterers, florist, and party planner. Dreeky stood as co- organizer, looking over Victorine's list of demands, which wasn't too extreme, but getting Katey Redd might take some work. Dreeky was on it, though. Anything to please his girl.
After making a few calls, it was time to run errands. Dreeky, Victorine, and Hadrien went to the city to book the venue, order the flowers and decorations, and order the food. Victorine wanted Mother's to cater the affair. Since they were already there, they decided to have lunch. While enjoying their Ferdis, in walked Derek L., Tameka Ross, and their baby girl. Victorine almost choked! Hadrien noticed Derek, then his woman, who apparently was a client of Victorine's. Dreeky watched silently, eating but keeping an eye. Hadrien noticed Tameka's expression when she noticed Victorine. She began to raise her voice, exchanging words with a visibly uncomfortable Derek L
"Nah, nah! There go yo bitch right there!", Tameka said, loudly. Victorine looked at Dreeky. Hadrien sensed something was brewing. Derek L grabbed her arm, but she broke free and stormed up to Victorine's table, baby on her hip. "Bitch, you been messing with my man?, she asked. Both Victorine and Dreeky were on their feet. Tameka rolled her eyes at Dreeky and said,
" What the fuck you looking at, punk?" Victorine had enough. Derek L. chimed in, saying, " Man, Tameka, stop this shit! You embarrassing me!" " Embarrassing you? Because I'm calling out your ho? Bitch, you could never be me! I got his baby!", she yelled. Hadrien stood, then looked at Tameka. " What are you talking about?", he asked. Victorine was livid! How dare this bitch ruin her refreshed relationship with Hadrien! " Tameka," she said boldly, " You best be careful. You want some of me, cuz we can do this!" The customers in the place looked on nervously, and someone went get a manager, who requested they all leave the premises or the cops would be called. As Tameka was leaving with Derek, she yelled," This ain't over, bitch!", and Victorine replied to herself, " You're damned right. Its just getting started".
***************************************************************
Teta needed some time to herself. She hopped into her old Chevy and drove down to a secluded spot her daddy used to fish at. She was feeling uncertain, troubled. She took out a fat spliff and lit it, bringing herself back to life. She looked around at the beauty before her: the shining lake, the come hither trees, the artisanal pallet of colors in the sky. Her precious smoke was doing its work. She thought of Hadrien and his tenderness, she thought of Papa and his intensity. The two men in her life, and neither one truly belonged to her. Hadrien stayed going back to Victorine, and she knew she was but one of Papa Legba's consorts. He would never be hers, truly. Teta deserved love, after all she went through and lost. She prayed to the ancestors for that special someone to come into her life. She knew Papa Legba's wooing would come to an end, as soon as he'd make her his concubine and absorb her power. She'd be put upon a shelf, while he'd search for the next. She wouldn't get a chance to become a mother with Papa. And she couldn't dare think of starting a family with a taken man such as Hadrien. She would have to kill Victorine. So as Teta smoked, she longed for someone to really connect with. Those thoughts were riches and wishes to Teta.
That's when she saw a young man walking up the path towards her direction. He was still a far ways back, but she made mental notes. She could see strong, chocolate arms, a nice build, and his long, wild hair was tucked into his rasta hat. He wore his jeans well, and his work boots added a flair that made her stare. As he got closer, she knew he could tell she was watching him because he gave a little smile, and it took her breath away. He called out a hello to her, then walked up to her car. He was carrying a bucketful of fish and a pole.
" How you doing?", asked Teta. She went into her little foam ice chest and pulled out a cool drink and offered it to him. He smiled, accepting it, and said, " My name is Fiyah, like that weed I'm smelling," he teased, drinking deeply. Teta passed the still fat joint to him and he hit it intensely. She watched as his aura let itself be known to her. He had a bright indigo glow about him. Indigo....just like hers. Teta introduced herself and asked if he lived nearby. When he told her who his people were, Teta was certain her father had known his. They talked of all sorts of things, from cars to fishing to voodoo. Fiyah had told her he respected the religion, but he himself didn't dabble, but his grandmother did. When she offered him a ride home, he graciously accepted. When they arrived, Teta smiled at him and invited him to drop by her place anytime. " I'll cook you something special, " she added. He smiled again, then said, " Well, how about tomorrow evening then? When I'm done working with my grandfather? " Teta gave him a mischievous look, then said, " Tomorrow evening. You know where I'm at. Take care until then.", smiling. Fiyah took his bountiful catch up the walkway to his grandparents house and waved back at her. She drove away feeling inspired.
***************************************************************
The day of Victorine's birthday came with a blast. She woke that morning, excited. Hadrien was already up, fixing her a birthday breakfast of fried eggs, turkey bacon, and a bagel. He slid a single, long-stemmed rose onto her tray. Hadrien was really trying to push aside all of the drama that's been happening lately, and do right by Victorine. He walked into the room to see her in bed. She squealed with delight when she saw him. "Happy birthday, baby!", he said. Victorine kissed him lightly, then took the rose and brought it to her nose. She was so touched, but then her eyes got big as Hadrien produced a small, black box from his pocket. " Victorine, I know we've been through a lot lately, but I love you, and I want to be with you, forever. Victorine, will you marry me?", asked Hadrien. He opened the box and she saw the most beautiful diamond ring.
Victorine couldn't believe it. Tears fell from her eyes as she said, " Oh, Hadrien! Yes! Yes! I love you baby!" He put the ring on her finger and kissed her deeply. Victorine forgot about her food and pulled Hadrien down onto the bed.
Dreeky was up early, preparing this and that for the party. Since the melodrama at Mother's, the manager refused to do the party, so Dreeky found NolaGirl instead, and paid her in advance to cater the shindig, Cesaire's gift to Victorine. They also picked out a lovely antique cameo locket, adorned with pearls. Dreeky loved the generosity of his man.
The day flew by. When it was time for them to leave for the party, Victorine was on top of the world. When Dreeky came over, they celebrated with a blunt and an ecstasy pill each. Dreeky saw his friend's elation and noticed the rock on her finger. " Bitch!", he squealed with excitement, " When you was gonna tell me?" Victorine hugged Dreeky tight to her. " I'm so happy, Dreeky! ", she said , wiping her tears.
When they arrived at the party, Victorine was amazed. Republic was decked out in beautiful, sultry shades of red. There were strings of red lights hanging from the ceiling, and intertwined into rows of trees. It was simply beautiful. Victorine eyed the wonderful spread of food...NolaGirl did the damn thing: Boudin pot stickers, chicken cordon bleu sliders, mini muffuletas, BBQ braised beef brisket sliders, and crab cakes. There was a meat station with glazed ham and roasted Cajun turkey. There were pans and pans of crab stuffed portobello mushrooms, dirty rice, bacon Mac and cheese, and crawfish fried rice. Her birthday cake was a red devil cake with creole cream cheese frosting, and there were mini raspberry cheesecakes and delicious, fudgy brownies. Victorine was overwhelmed! When Cesaire walked up to her and Dreeky, she gave him a hug and thanked him for his generosity. Dreeky then presented her with their gift. When Victorine saw the locket, she loved it. Cesaire eyed her ring and teased Hadrien about it. " We may have to have a double wedding," he said.
Victorine's party was fabulous. Katey Redd performed and the crowd went wild. Victorine was enjoying herself and all of the attention Hadrien was giving her. People brought her tons of
gifts. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.
Outside, Tameka Ross and a group of her friends tried to get in, but security stopped them. Hadrien heard the commotion and went to resolve things, when he heard the bouncer telling them,"Sorry ladies. This is a private party. If you're not on the list, you can't come in!" Tameka was furious."This some bullshit! Can't even have a good time cuz of that bitch! Let's roll.", she told her girls. Hadrien stepped outside. "Tameka, right?", he asked. She turned to see who was calling her. When she saw it was Hadrien, her fury melted. " Yes, that's right. Please tell me how I can help you?", she asked. He called her aside. "What's the problem between you and Victorine? ", he asked. Tameka couldn't wait. " I found my man's cellphone. There was a video of your Victorine, sucking and fucking my man, if you can call him that! See, she always gets what she wants and gets away with it. Why you even still with her?", she asked. Hadrien couldn't believe it. "A video? On Derek's phone? Can you get it, and send it to me? I need to see this myself.", Hadrien added, then gave her his number. " I'll wait until he's full of lean, then I'll take his phone and send it to you. Then you can see for yourself what type of bitch you got. You need a real woman in your life ", she said, then turned to walk away, showing Hadrien her assets.
Hadrien couldn't believe the accusations against Victorine. He didn't want to ruin her party by bringing shit up. She was his fiancé now. He was ready to start a new life with her. But he needed to know the truth. Victorine came looking for him.
" What's wrong, baby?", she asked. "Come on, let's go inside."