{36}

In chemistry, she was partnered up with Edward. (According to the teacher it was done completely random by the computer.)

It was a small project where each group was assigned an element and they had to do a whole bunch of research: like who discovered it and how it's used in the world. When she walked over to Edward; she showed she wasn't happy about being partnered with him.

She sits next to Edward and bangs her head slightly on the wooden desk.

"No need to be so melodramatic, Ella." Edward rolled his eyes.

Ella, who still had her head on the desk, turned to Edward and pretended to be mad and then just broke into a smile and then to a frown. Bipoloar, much?

"I hate chemistry, I barely passed it on my sophmore year in Long Beach. I barely got a B."

"Think of it as a second chance. You don't get a lot of second chances in life."

Ella rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, well, I'm living proof you can get three."

"Mr. Cullen and Ms. Swan, you get the element Lithium."

"Yes." Ella cheered to herself. Lithium was going to be an easy element.

"You will do a five page essay and a powerpoint, as well, so be prepared. You have three weeks to get it done."

"Okay, you do essay and I'll do powerpoint?" Ella suggested. "I'm great at the computer."

"Fine."

"Yay, I'm gonna put the song from Evanescence Lithium from their latest album." She said.

"You do that." Edward smiled.

***

In Art class, Ella's 'What I Fear the Most' drawing was put up on the wall, along with Alice and some other people.

Ms. Angil liked Ella's red eyes because they held so much emotion inisde of them.

Now there were learning about shades and how to shade in drawing propertly. Alice had something on her mind all through out class and Ella didn't need to read her mind to know.

"Is there something on your mind, Alice?"

"What do you think of a birthday party?" Her eyes glowed in happiness.

"Sorry. I don't think I'm going to be here for my birthday."

"Why?"

"Some friends came over and are taking me somewhere after lunch for my birthday."

"Those tattooed and pierced boys?"

"They have names, Alice."

"But--"

"Look, you're planning on making a party for Bella so join mine with hers, if you want, I could care less."

"Great idea! Two parties at once. Just us though, vampires." She whispered the last part, so low that no one heard except for Ella.

"Just don't go over the top. Something not so fancy, like cake, I love cake and just opening presents."

Alice then froze, she had the look that she was having a vision so Ella stayed quiet until Alice snapped out of it. She turned to me with a serious look.

"Who is the one that goes by the name of Synyster?"

"Brian, why?"

She bit her bottom lip and avoided Ella's gaze.