{02}

I'm new here." Ella said to the receptionist. The receptionist looked funny at Ella because of her cat ears hoodie.

"Oh, right, you're Eleanor Swan?" she asked handing me a single white paper.

Ella's made a funny face at the sound of her full name.

"Ella, I don't like my full name." Ella's face went into a smile. Ella wondered to herself, how long can she keep up the I'm-not-going-through-any-pain act? She hoped for the rest of the year. Ella spaced out for a moment and soon was brought back when the receptionist waved her hand in front of Ella's face.

"Sorry... blank out for a bit." Ella scratched the back of her head in embarrassment.

"It's alright. Good luck on your first day. You have quite a brain." She winked at the last word and Ella smiled unsurely.

While Ella walked outside of the main office she looked at her schedule.

Period 1: Ap English

Period 2: Ap Government

Period 3: Ap French

Lunch

Period 4: Biology

Period 5: Ap Calculus

Period 6: Gym

She had three AP classes, which was good because it would help her get into the college she wanted to go, USC in California. She really wanted to be a doctor. It was her dream, even before she was unwillingly turned into a creature of the night.

Ella's first class was in building 3. She walked neat the cafeteria and quickly found the building. She went inside and as she passed by a class room and saw Bella. Ella waved at Bella ecstatically, Bella sheepishly waved back, which got a few heads turned towards Ella whom mouthed "See ya at nutrition", and Bella nodded.

Ella's class room was not far down from Bella's, only about three doors down. (Get it? Three Doors Down, as in the band? No? Okay then.) Ella entered the semi-small class room. Ella saw several students talking in their own little groups. Her eyes landed on a brunette guy. They locked eyes for a second, until Ella turned away. She put her cat-ear-hoodie down and handed her schedule to the snobby-looking teacher named Mrs. Mosley.

The bell rang and eventually all of the students were seated, except for Ella whom was standing, practically, in front of the whole class, whom all looked at her like some sort of alien, could be because of her skin, but almost everyone had the same color of skin. Ella didn't really care, she was used to being the center of attention, plus she had a band back home so having an audience didn't scare Ella.

"Class, please welcome. Elea---"

"Ella." Ella interrupted the teacher; Mrs. Mosley gave Ella a sour look. "My name is Ella. I don't like my first name, sounds too formal."

"Please welcome, Ella... Swan. She just moved here, please make her feel welcome."

Mrs. Mosley told Ella to take the seat next to the boy named Emmet. The boy she had locked eyes with, lazily raised his hand. Ella walked to her seat and as soon as she sat the class room phone rang. "Please be quiet while I'm on the phone." Mrs. Mosley walked to her phone and answered.

Ella tapped the desk with the tip of her fingers.

"Hi!" Beamed a voice from her right side. Ella turned and saw a red-headed girl; she had light skin and a smile on her face. "I'm Aubrey." She reached her hand for a shake, which Ella took.

"I'm Ella." Ella smiled warmly at Aubrey.

"Are you related to Bella Swan?" She asked.

Ella nods.