I put my hands up in surrender not understanding why she would think I would force myself on her when her words processed in my head. "We?" I asked amused.

She froze suddenly remembering what she just said. Her face turned red as she began stumbling over her words. "Just shut up," she mumbled adorably. "What do you want?"

"I thought you wanted me to shut up?"

"Just answer the question," she responded exasperated.

"I want to know about my Mate."

"To be honest, I don't hear you telling me anything about yourself," she eyed me warily.

"I'll tell you anything you want to hear," I replied, moving to sit in the desk chair while she continued standing. 

"How old are you?" 

"Twenty-five." I replied swiftly. Giving her a once-over I would have assumed she was in her twenties as well. "How old are you?"

"Twenty one." I was right. 

"What about your brothers?" I asked. Just as she was about to respond, the Alpha mind linked me. 

I'm hosting a meeting in five minutes at my house.

As Natalia opened her mouth to speak, I apologetically put my hand up. She watched me curiously.

Can this wait?

He only growled in response. I remembered what my father had told me before. I had to try to keep Thaddeus calm no matter how frustrating it would be. I rubbed the side of my face with a sigh. Just from the look on my face, my mate seemed to understand. She played with her fingers and looked down. 

"I will be back soon, just let me see what he wants." She nodded, all the while avoiding my gaze. I hurried downstairs and out the door in a flash. 

-

"I called this meeting to discuss pack borders," Alpha Thaddeus announced.

The few of us all surround the kitchen table and stare at the map spread out. "This section," Alpha Thaddeus circled a familiar area, "is where Jay's Mate and her brothers were found. Jonah, I believe this is where your team is stationed correct?"

I glanced at Jonah, who nodded. "You need to tighten security around that area. Your team hadn't caught the scent of three rogues until they passed you all."

"Yes Alpha, it won't happen again." Alpha Thaddeus nodded and moved onto the next section.

I admit as he was doing this I blacked out a few times thinking of my beautiful Mate. Her beautiful full lips and delicious scent were the first things I noticed from her. Her brown sparkling eyes I also noticed as well. I wonder what she's doing at the moment.

"Jay." Snapping out of it, I glanced up at the Alpha who sported his usual irritated look in his eyes. I glanced around the table also noticing everyone else's eyes were on me. I caught the feeling he called me a few times.

Alpha Thaddeus sighed, tapping his pen against my section of the map. "You'll be switching with Kens team."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. "No offence to Ken but my team and I are a perfect fit for this position."

Ken nodded along with my words. "I agree with the Beta. I think our positions are fine as they are."

"We're changing things up," he responded daring us to argue with him in front of everyone. Knowing he's on edge, I kept my mouth shut and waited until the meeting ended. I glanced at Ken who looks confused as well but doesn't argue.