"Where is she?

I decide it's best not to say anything that'll have her running away just yet.

"Hello? I'm talking to you."

"So now you want to talk?" I asked with a sly grin. She blew through her lips before biting on her bottom lip. My eyes zero in on the motion and I reminded myself to control my Wolf who was howling for us to mark her.

"Where did you guys live before coming here?" I asked trying to think of anything but my Wolf.

"The woods," said Kasin. Natalia sent a glare in his direction making him shrink away. Meanwhile I'm stuck from the unexpected answer.

"The woods? Like in a pack?" The siblings all looked at each other cautiously before Natalia spoke up.

"Can we not do this?" She mumbled in a surprisingly soft voice. Sensing that I was descending into personal territory, I nodded and we arrived at my home in silence.

Even though they had stayed here for two nights, every time they walked in, they would all look around hesitantly as if waiting for the worst. As they all looked around, I watched as my parents made their way down the stairs. My mother had some papers in her grasp which I noticed to be documents while my father carried their bags over his shoulders. 

"We need to get going," my mother noted. She pulled me into a hug and moved to say goodbye to my mate. 

"I really don't like leaving you here," my father said. I knew what he was referring to. Thaddeus had already knocked me out once. Chances are, he would do it again. 

"I'll be fine." I watched as a small smile made its way onto Natalia's face. Although she seemed distant from me, my mother had a way of forcing her way into someone's good side. If anything, I think the only person my mate had smiled at was my mother. 

I watched as they departed as quickly as they had come down. Thaddeus knew they would be leaving but they had to make up an excuse as to where to. I doubt he really cared. He was having a hard time right now. But when he met my mate he seemed to have calmed down. He wasn't in a positive mood but he wasn't as violent as I expected him to be. 

I turned back to my mate and her brothers. Kerin skimmed through a few books nearby while Kasin flipped through the television. Natalia sat by Kasin on the edge of the couch. I noticed by observing them, that Kerin was the quieter twin, usually keeping to himself while Kasin seemed to be the more energetic of the two. In fact, he was the first to start speaking to me after Natalia. I still haven't spoken directly with Kerin but I guess it was too soon for him. 

Just as Nancy, who volunteered to cook for us tonight walked in through the front door, I thought of an idea. "What do you guys want for dinner?"

The three of them all looked over at Nancy. "Pizza!" Exclaimed Kasin. I raised an eyebrow at his sudden exclamation but agreed with him. 

"You two can watch something while I speak to your sister." I nodded to the television. 

I heard an annoyed sigh from hers truly as the twins looked up between us. They seemed to be waiting for something which I realised then was their sisters approval. She stood up abruptly and made her way upstairs. I followed shortly after, feeling their gaze on my back. She opened the first door on our left which just so happened to be the guest room she was staying in. I shut the door behind me to which she shrunk further away from me.

"Finally," I mumbled leaning against the door as she glared at me. "You know you can get wrinkles like that right?"

She shuffled away from me. "First of all," she put a finger up, "we are not doing anything you have in mind or I'll kick you so hard we won't have any kids in the future."