Thanksgiving Day 2

Start from the beginning

"Were not just friends, we're best friends and for a while we were more than that," she said with a smirk plastered across her smug little face. I couldn't help the jealousy that spread throughout my body at the thought of Ruby and Emerald being more than just friends flashed across my mind.

I was pacing back and forth, "would you calm down! Your making me dizzy, and what they hell is going on between you and Emerald anyway," she asked as her face light up. "Wait seriously, I knew we had the same taste but come on what are the chances," she thought out loud as I stared at her confused. "Your her! Oh, this is freaking gold! Your the girl she can't freaking shut up about" Ruby yelled as she burst out laughing. I didn't see anything funny about our current situation and soon I found myself leaving a laughing Ruby as I headed towards the dinning area, as thoughts of Emerald talking about me ran throughmy mind.

"Took you long enough," Emerald said as I took my seat across from an angry looking Emerald and right next to a drunk Mrs. L. "Sorry, had to wash my hands," I replied as I avoided eye contact with her. She mumbled a quick 'mmmhmmm' as Ruby took her seat on my other side, with a smile still plastered across her face.

Before we all began to pile food on our plates Barbz said grace:

"Our Father in Heaven,
We give thanks for the pleasure
Of gathering together for this lovely occasion.
We give thanks for this food
Prepared by caring hands.
As we gather her today we ask you to continue to bless us all and we thank you for all you've bestowed upon us this year.
In the name of Christ,
Our Heavenly Father.
Amen."

A course of Amen's followed as my father stood and carved the first piece of turkey. People soon began to pile mountains of food on their plates. The kids all sat at the kiddie table as the teens an adults talked about any and everything. The adults all continued to eat and talk as I half listened and played with the food on my plate.

"Honeybunny you hardly touch anything on your plate, are you missing that handsome boyfriend of yours," Mrs. L asked as all eyes turned to me. My eyes widened as I awkwardly cleared my throat and replied, "uh, no we actually broke up." She gave me a sympathetic look before replying, "Awe I'm so sorry sweetie, I'm sure you'll find someone even better." I gave her a grateful smile before glancing at Emerald and replying, "yeah, I think I already have." Mrs. L smiled and clapped her hands together, 'That's great honeybunny." We all went back to eating, will I went back to playing with my food before finally excusing myself from the table.

"Everything alright Sweetie," my dad asked. 'Yeah I'm just not feeling to well, I'll be in my room," I said as I sent him a small smile. He nodded his head, 'feel better dear' he said as I made my way to the kitchen. I cleaned off my plate, placed it in the dishwasher and made my way to my room.

I quickly changed into some boy shorts, a white t-shirt, and some white socks. I pulled my hair out the bun and hopped on me bed. I grabbed my laptop and turned on some music.

What if we were wrong about each other?
What if you were really made for me?
What if we was 'sposed to be together?
Would that not mean anything?
What if that was 'sposed to be my house that you go home to every day?
How can you be sure that things are better?
If you can't be sure your heart is still here with me
Still wanting me

Your friend asked me if there was someone special in my life that I was seeing
I told her there was no one in particular
There's just I, myself, and me
I told her that I dream of you quite often
She just cut her eyes at me
She said you got a home, you're very happy
So just stop your meddling
I told her that I won't
I said things were cool, but I guess I was wrong
I still can't move on