Chapter 1

Shelby's POV

         I was sitting on a park bench on my phone when my cousin, Ross, came up behind me with his friend and tried to scare me. 

"Oh, my gosh-! You scared me half to death!" screamed Shelby. 

 Ross was bent over in laughter while his friend was trying his best not to burst out in laughter. As he was trying to make sure Ross didn't fall on the ground I began to notice his appearance. He had vibrant red hair that framed his face perfectly. His eyes are dirt brown but somehow they are so bright that it captures my eyes. I realized I was staring when he made eye contact but I didn't look away and neither did he, until Ross interrupted. 

 "THERE'S A BUG ON ME GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!" screamed Ross  

"Hold still I'll get it, Ross stop moving!" Ross's friend said.

  When Ross finally calmed down he introduced us. "Ah okay, well Shelby this is Max, and Max this is Shelby, my cousin. Which I've told you." Ross said.

My eyes darted from Ross to Max, "Hi there Max."

"Hi Shelby," he responded as quiet as a whisper with a small smile on his face. 

Max's POV  

 "Wait, that's your cousin?"  

  "Well yeah Max, you act like I didn't just tell you this." Ross laughed. "We act more like siblings than cousins considering we were basically raised together."

  "Oh right, does she live in Washington? I don't think I've ever seen her around here."   

"Uhm about that... I might've told her that she could stay here with us until she finds a place because she wants to move out of her parent's home."  Ross rashly said.

   "Ross! You can't just do that, I live here too! You do remember that, right?" I became heated quickly. Ross began to run when he noticed I was angry and without hesitation I ran after him. No longer than a minute later the doorbell rang.

  "Oh I'll get it," said Ross. "Max! It's Shelby!"

  "Oh right! What do you two want for dinner?" I asked.

Ross and Shelby quickly looked at each other and at the same time yelled, "Pizza!". Well I didn't realize I would be dealing with another Ross. 

    An hour passes and we're all sitting on the couch eating the pizza with some random cartoon playing on the tv. 

"So, Shelby, what do you do? Job wise I mean." I asked while turning the volume on the tv down.

   "I'm actually a youtube, obviously not a big one but yeah. What about you?" Shelby turned her gaze from the tv to me as she responded.

  "Oh wow! I do youtube as well, not as much as Ross or probably you though. I mainly edit videos at sky offices." Shelby and I kept talking and getting to know each other while Ross watched his cartoons. 

-

 After a while, we were all ready for bed, and by all of us I mean Ross. Ross went to bed and I showed Shelby where the guest room is. It wasn't a long walk at all but it still felt awkward.

 "Well Shelby, how long are you planning to stay here?"

  "I was thinking until I can find my own place. Which will hopefully be soon, I have some money saved up but I haven't looked at any apartments yet."

 "Okay, well if you want help I know some good places." After I helped her set her things down I went into my room and threw on some pajamas and went over to my computer and played some undertale. And then eventually went to bed.

-Next Day-

Shelby's POV

    I woke up to a crash coming from downstairs. "This is going to be an interesting few weeks," I mumbled to myself. I went to grab my phone and I saw there was a note on my nightstand from Ross saying that he went to get all of us coffee and donuts. When I finally got out of bed I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs and as I was walking into the kitchen I saw Max just glaring at a box of Mac and Cheese and a box of Corn Dogs. Is this normal for him?

"Uh you okay there Max?" He jumped, I guess he didn't hear me coming. 

  "Oh! Shelby, hey. Yeah, I'm fine."

 "Why are you having a staring  contest with mac and cheese and corn dogs?" I laughed. 

  Max smiled,  "I'm trying to decide which one I want to make for breakfast."  

 "I thought Ross was getting donuts?" I asked.

"Ross is doing what? Wow, well he didn't tell me so I'm just going to stick with my own food." I didn't reply, I just walked back to my room. 

Max's pov

   When Shelby walked downstairs I didn't hear her steps. When she said something it scared me until I turned and looked at her, she looks so beautiful, why didn't I notice this before? We talked for a few minutes and then she went back to her room.

-

Out of my two options of either corndogs or mac and cheese I finally decided to have corn dogs for breakfast. When I was just finishing eating Ross walked in with a bag and some cups and yelled "I'm back!" Shelby ran to the kitchen, she must have been starving. 

 "Oh hey, Max I got you coffee." Ross handed me a large cup of ice coffee with a red straw sticking out of the top. 

"Thanks"  

Ross got his food out of the wrinkled paper bag and disappeared to his room. I think Shelby changed. She was wearing black distressed jeans and a white t-shirt while her hair was on top of her head, in a bun.

      HI THANKS FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY SHELAX FANFICTION AND I WILL BEING UPDATING SOMETIME NEXT WEEK OR THIS WEEKEND!! BYEEEEEE!!

-This chapter has been updated! :) 5/26/20