18

AMARI POV
I was ready for my lunch date. Justin was in New York because he had another show so I didn't have to worry about him not "having a problem"

 Justin was in New York because he had another show so I didn't have to worry about him not "having a problem"

This was a casual lunch date, not to serious breathe Amari

This was a casual lunch date, not to serious breathe Amari. I walked into the Starbucks too see Andre already ordering two drinks and he ordered a grande S'more frappé how did he know that was my favorite ?

"Hey" I smiled at him. He returned my greeting with a smile. His smile  made me feel a type of way, but whenever I thought of his smile Justin's smile kept coming to my mind ugh I just gotta stop thinking about him.

"So would you mind finishing the story about your name?" Andre looked at me intently.

"Oh yeah, so my grandma named me Amari and it means Strength in Yoruba, that's a Nigerian language and the thing that's funny is Amari is generally a boy name but my grandma said when I was born and she held my hand with her finger I held on to it tightly showing I was so strong and that in life I would continue to have strength and be a strong person spiritually, and mentally." Andre looked at me surprised.

"Wow my name is just my parents name put together Andrea and Dreoń" he chuckled. He was so adorable. We continued to talk about our interests and things. "Whose your favorite singer ?"

"Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, my mom was a fan of her so that's why middle name is Giselle. Yeah but I'm a die hard Beyhiver" I said while sipping my frappé.

"Yeah I heard about you Beyhivers, if a celebrity comes for Beyoncé-"

"We will draggggg them" I said smiling continuing to sip my drink.

"I have a confession, I'm a fan of Justin Bieber like I'm a belieber" Andre confessed. I was surprised I didn't take him for a fan of Justin.

"Really ?" I said surprised in a high pitched voice.

"Yeah I don't tell a lot of people because they start the only dumb comments like Justin can't sing , blah blah blah. And when he came with you yesterday I gotta admit I was star struck, and he seemed kinda protective over you"  I cringed remembering how Justin acted yesterday.

"Um Justin and I go way back to like kindergarten his a good child hood friend. And we used to be in a relationship but not anymore so you don't have to worry about him" I said. Andre looked so understanding,

"Oh well why did you guys break up ?" Andre asked curiously. I wished he didn't ask that because I don't like going back to that morning that argument.

"Uh I guess we just didn't see eye to eye anymore" I said shortly. *ring ring* my phone went off it was Justin calling what did he want ? "I'm sorry Andre I have to take this" I say while going outside.

"Justin what do you want ?" I say annoyed.

"Hello to you too, anyway I'm at Barneys in New York and I was wondering if you want me to get you a Purpose Tour shirt ?" Well that was pretty thoughtful of him I thought to myself.

"Justin I'm kinda in the middle of a date here" I said hastily.

"I know" he replied I could tell he was smirking I didn't even have to look.

"Ok whatever get me a shirt I'm a medium"

"I know you're a medium Amari, and what's the magic word ?" Justin said the last part high pitched. I rolled my eyes at this.

"If you're really expecting me to say please after you offered than you're crazy" Justin didn't say anything. "Oh my gosh please"

"That's better" Justin replied.

"Good bye Justin" I said as I pressed end call. I went back in to see Andre we talked some more.

"Ok well it was nice getting to know you better maybe we could go out again sometime ?" Andre said while touching my hand. I smiled at him.

"I'd like that" he got up and kissed me on the cheek and left. His lips were soft like clouds, it was perfect I was on cloud 9 all the way home. When I got home I was scrolling through my Twitter feed and saw Justin in his Purpose store in New York

A fan went up to him asking for a hug and he said a plain "no" then he went to the section of shirts that I described to him that I wanted. I was laughing so hard but at the same time I felt bad for that fan so I called Justin.

"Hey babe" Justin said smoothly.

"1. I'm not your babe and 2. Why did you do that to your fan I saw the video you just rejected her hug"

"Well I didn't feel like hugging a fan at that moment, I was trying to focus on looking for the shirt you wanted" Justin said getting annoyed.

" I know Justin, I don't know how it feels to be famous or everyone around the world knowing my name but I do know that with a job like yours it comes with hugging your fans and showing you appreciate them, so you can't really run away from that. I appreciate you doing all that to find me a shirt I really do but just be a little nicer next time and just have empathy imagine if you finally saw your idol and they rejected you" I said calmly.

"What would I do with out your pep talks Amari. Alright I gotta go see you in a couple days. I love you" Justin said. Oh no did he say he loves me ?! I was silent. "Sorry force of habit, because when we were together we would always-"

"No don't worry about it bye Justin thanks for the shirt" I said awkwardly ending the conversation.