2

11 years later....

"Ok smile *click* that was perfect you look great, I love how your hair looks" Justin said while smiling at the picture he took.

It was Amari's 16th birthday and she wanted to take pictures at the park, being the good best friend he was Justin automatically agreed to take pictures for her

It was Amari's 16th birthday and she wanted to take pictures at the park, being the good best friend he was Justin automatically agreed to take pictures for her. After Justin said that comment the comment no ones ever really said to Amari "I love how your hair looks" she puts up her "walls" these walls are like guards that prevent her from getting hurt because all the Brittney's, Heather's and Ashley's say if someone ever tells you anything nice about your nasty hair it only makes the pain worse. The disapproval Amari felt about herself would never get the SeAl Of ApPrOvAl from mama ever since Amari's dad died mama stopped trying to convince her that she and her hair were beautiful. Amari sighed.
"Justin" she called while walking over to him with the balloons that moved where ever the wind was taking them. "You're my best friend right ?"

"Of course" he chuckled.

"And you love me like your best friend in the whole world right ?"

"More than you know" Justin muttered

"What did you say ?"

"Nothing nothing continue with what you were saying" Justin said nervously

"Anyway... You would tell me the truth right ?" Justin looks at her and sighs

"Amari what is this about"

"My hair looks horrible and my skins too dark" Amari spoke up but whispered the last part because she knew Justin would get mad.

"Amari you look beautiful your hair is- your hair is one of a kind I would rather have you as a best friend than a Heather any day fuck society's standards of "good hair" and I don't think I didn't hear what you said about your skin. You're skin is perfect just like you." Amari gave a small smile

"Thanks Justin I'm glad I have a friend like you" Amari says while hugging Justin tight he's like a big brother she's never had.

"Anytime, now Amari Giselle Lakely I want you to march back to that tree and pose for the camera" Justin commanded. Amari snapped back playfully sassy

"E you can't tell me what to do you're not my daddy"

"Not yet 😏" Justin smirked then laughed.

"This is a no flirting zone" Amari laughed. But Justin didn't really like like Amari like that he always saw her as a sister a best friend. But that all changed at the end of middle school to the beginning of high school he noticed her hips widen, breasts consume her chest, her hair get more thicker and beautiful, notice the way she smiles when they're together being best friends, but also notice the way she frowns when Heather makes fun of her hair and her development, notice when she cries because all the confidence she had was being sucked out of her, but he would be there to help get through and defend her like he always is and always will be.

"Justin !!!!" Amari practically shouts while snapping her fingers. It got Justin out of his daze.

"Wha- wh- what"

"I said are you ready to go to my house"

"Oh yeah let's go"