12

JUSTINS POV

Amari is sitting right across from me

"Good luck" she mouthed to me.

"You too" I mouthed back.

"There will be no talking during this final Mr. Bieber" the teacher says. After 2 hours we were finally done with our final examination and could leave school right after. So that's exactly what Amari and I did, hand in hand we walked out of school glad finals was over.

"I think I did good, how about you" Amari squealed. I don't think I did so well but it was good enough, I couldn't tell Amari how I really felt because she looked so happy and beautiful like always but she was looking even more beautiful today, but how does that even happen ? How does someone get more beautiful only my baby.

"I think I did pretty good but let's go how does going to 7/11 raiding all the junk food and going back to my house to watch a movie ?" I said while resting  my arm on her shoulder

"I think I did pretty good but let's go how does going to 7/11 raiding all the junk food and going back to my house to watch a movie ?" I said while resting my arm on her shoulder. Her eyes lit up like I knew they would Mari loved junk food and a good movie.

"Sure but I'm not gonna be wearing this" she said while pointing to the bright yellow dress that made her skin glow. "I think I left some clothes in my sleeping bag at your house though".

"Alright then let's go" I said while placing a kiss on her forehead.

AMARI POV

Justin and I were watching "The Note Book" I almost never cried when watching movies but Justin does especially with sappy movies like The Notebook. He calls Ryan Gosling his #mcm.

"Aww look at my man crush Monday what a stud" Justin said while taking a bite out of his twizzlers. I roll my eyes while grabbing a blanket near by, and cascade it over Justin and I because during the end of June his parents always have the AC blasted and I get cold. Justin puts his hand in mine and kisses my hand, I put my head on his lap while scrolling through my Twitter feed he's only one really paying attention to this movie. As I keep scrolling I keep seeing hashtags of the name Alton Sterling, I was so confused until I saw the video, the video of an innocent man being murdered. It brought quick tears to my eyes it made me sick to my stomach literally.

"Justin"

"Yeah babe ?" He said eyes still glued to the note book.

"I'm gonna throw up" I choke out.

"That's great...wait what ?!? Ok ok get up lets go to the bathroom" Justin says nervously he lifts me up and guides to his bathroom where I threw up into his toilet. While the tears and vomit flowed out of my body Justin was holding my hair back and rubbing my sides. Once I was done Justin gave me water and a breath mint. I drink my water while looking straight ahead now I was mad and I didn't want to talk about it.

"What was that all about ?" Justin looks at me confused.

"A black man got killed for selling CDs" I sniffed saying it made me even madder.

"Oh that, well he had a gun" Justin says sadly. This pissed me off even more

"Are u seriously trying to justify the reason he died right now ?! If you don't see what's wrong with what you just said Justin you're part of the problem" I say wiping my steaming tears my boyfriends new found ignorance was surprising me a lot.

"Amari I -"

"Save it Justin you don't know what it means to be black in America" I say getting up and moving to a different couch to sleep. I hear Justin sigh I feel a blanket being put over me.

Thanks for reading guys hopefully I'll get to 1000 reads so close :)) make sure you're reading the newer chapters cuz sometimes I feel like u guys don't like the story anymore ;(
~ K