16

Amari's POV
I was making breakfast jamming to the whole Beyoncé 4 album I was having a good day... Until him... he who I gave my heart to repair but he ended up stitching it here and there, but I could not be fixed. I was having a good day...

"Mari your phone was ringing,  it sounds like a client who wants a consult for their house" Nia whispers to me so the person on the other end won't hear. Ooooo new client I jump for joy, I grab the phone quickly, Nia went back upstairs to her room to be with Cole, those two love birds are so cute, but sometimes I wish I could tell them to stfu for being so happy but I'm happy with out a guy who needs a guy right ?

"Hello Amari interiors how may I help you ?" I said in the most peppiest voice.

"Um yeah I'd like to set up a consult for my house I've had it for a couple months and I haven't found time to decorate. I hear  you're the best so I'm coming to you" The voice sound awfully familiar, scratch that not awfully familiar it sound really familiar. It's Justin I could feel my heart sink in fear but my blood rise in anticipation. But what am I anticipated for ? Nothing "he's just and ex he's just an ex he's just an ex" I keep telling my self over and over until it sinks in. But he was my only ex I've never been with anybody else I-

"Uh hello ?" The voice says on the other end.

"Oh I'm sorry I just uh blanked out for a couple of seconds there but. What's your name so we can set up the appointment?"

"Um actually an appointment won't be necessary because-"

"Because what sir"

"Because Amari I'm here" I looked out the kitchen window to see Justin.

I end the call because I can't do this

I end the call because I can't do this. Justin wouldn't come to me on his own why ? Who ? *ding dong* he was ringing the door bell. I can't do this, I won't do this. I run upstairs to Nia's  room to hide. I know, I'm 22 years old and I'm hiding from my ex boyfriend in my bestfriends room.

"Move Cole" I say quickly as I shove him out of the bed so it could be just Nia and I . Cole gets up from the floor and stretches.

"I'm guessing Justin's here, I'll get the door you two have your girl chat or whatever" Cole says while jogging down the stairs.

"Niaaaaa" I whined.

"Amariiiii" she whined back imitating me.

"It's not funny my ex is here I knew Cole told him to get a consult with me, I haven't seen Justin in person in 5 whole years and now you guys expect me to basically decorate where he'll possibly spend the rest of his life living ?" I said it all so quickly because I was so panicky. When I was in panic I talked fast and Nia understands my language of talking fast.