1

After kindergarten graduation she looked at the puddle on the black top on a muggy recess day...

She saw hair, hair that she wondered why God gave her ? But her mama always told her don't question God. She doesn't want to question but she can't help it, why would God give her hair that's so different from all the Britney's, Ashely's, and Heather's ? She wondered why God would give her, Amari such kinky hair that twists and knots, hair that won't do what's it's told on the spot.
"I want hair like Barbie" She told herself over and over until the words set into her skin , went into her blood and planted in her DNA so she could pass on the societal norm of
"good-hair" to her daughter. So the five year old Amari could pass it on to her daughter. You know I don't blame her because it's quite difficult to love what God has blessed upon you when it's constantly shown to be a curse upon you. The boys didn't like to play with Amari, even the black boys because they were already taught that lighter was "winning" even though when they looked  back their dark-skin mother was not grinning. I'm not kidding, when I tell you he was color blind when it came to making friends, all he saw was a girl that was sitting all alone while kids acted like she wasn't there he saw her when nobody else did he admired her hair. His name was Justin only 5 years old he didn't know the world was so cold so he took Amari's hand the girl in the sparkly dress took her inside to play and in this story I'll tell you the rest.....