13

JUSTINS POV
I woke up to seeing Mari curled up in a little ball with an angry look on her face , it still made her look adorable. I understood what I said last night was very wrong and ignorant on all levels. I forget sometimes that the issues are do important to Amari but they should be important to everyone. I decided to make it up to her.

"Mari babe" I whispered softly into her ear. She groaned.

"Ugh I'm not talking to you remember?" She said in a cute morning voice.

"Well you're gonna have to" I said while lifting her off the couch bridal style. Into a chair in the kitchen where I placed breakfast for her.

"Aw thanks babe but I'm still mad at you" she said while taking a mouth full of eggs.

"I know but just hear me out. What I said yesterday was stupid, ignorant, and out of character I shouldn't use the fact that he had a gun to justify the reason he got killed because there is no good reason. But I don't have be black to support black lives. I may not understand, but I can help and support because anything you're fighting for I'm gonna fight with you." After I finished Amari gave me a tight hug.

"That's all I wanted to hear" she spoke appreciating my mini speech. Amari's phone went off with a notification in the living room. "Can you grab my phone please" Amari asked
I nodded while planting a kiss on her lips they tasted like eggs and bacon. When I picked up her phone it was an email from Fashion Institutes of Technology. I couldn't help myself I opened the email.

Dear Amari, Congratulations! It's our pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted Fashion Institute of Technology for fall 2016-2017 we will send everything else via mail it is an honor to have you!

I was so confused Amari applied for another school after we decided we would go to UCLA ?!?? This must be some mistake.

AMARIS POV
Justin came to the kitchen upset and I didn't know why.

"Would you care to explain this to me" Justin said looking heated. It was an acceptance email from F.I.T, I couldn't believe I got in ! I actually got in !

"I got in ?" I said amazed with my hand covering my mouth.

"That wasn't the reaction I was hoping to get. Why would you apply to another school while knowing we were already making plans to go to UCLA!" Justin practically yelled at me and he rarely raises his voice at me not since 10th grade. I felt an anger come up from the pit of my stomach.

"Aren't you happy for me ? Aren't you happy I got into my dream school, I'm gonna being doing things I've dreamt of since I was little" Justin frowned after I said this

"No Amari for once I'm not happy for you, we had plans, big plans and you blew them off like you always do. We have plans and you blow them off but this is college our future , what about us , what about me ?" Justin said furious.

" What about you ? Can you get your head out of your ass for one second and listen to me. I didn't know I was even gonna get in but I applied anyway to see if I had a chance to be a great interior designer"

"Well you have a chance to do that at UCLA. But you're being selfish" Justin started pacing.

"Huh I'm the selfish one ? I'm sorry I wanted a better education instead of going to a school to watch you catch your dream and stay in a interior design program that sucks"

"Amari I GOT A FULL RIDE TO NYU FOR PERFORMING ARTS, but I turned them down for you ! Because I wanted to be with you even though they have a good music program." Hearing Justin say this brought tears to my eyes.

"JUSTIN DREW BIEBER ARE YOU CRAZY !? I never asked you to do that, I never asked you to turn down your dream school, and I never asked you to be the love of my life in the fucking first place" I tried to speak while the tears flowed.

"Well I just assumed that you would do the same for me. But I guess not, maybe if you were honest with me from the start and not a bitch then we wouldn't be in this situation."

"Excuse me ? Did you just call me a bitch if I told you from the beginning you would've done everything in your power to make sure I didn't go to F.I.T you act like this is all my fault. I'm sorry that I wanted to chase my dreams Justin because that's what it seems like you want me to say."  Justin stayed silent with a blank face for a little just staring at my face full of tears.

"how can you  stand there and look at me crying and not do anything ? Who are you anymore ?" I questioned sniffing.

"I'm so tired of this conversation" Justin spoke. That hit me like a bunch of bricks.

"Ok then this conversation is over... just like us"

I sniffed, wiped the tears justin didn't dry for me, and got up from my chair and grabbed my things.

"what do you mean just like us ? Where are you going ?"

"Justin go to NYU and chase your dream because I'm obviously in the way, and it seems like I've always been in the way from what you just told me. I'm sorry you had to love me. It's over Justin" I looked down and mumbled the same words but loud enough so he could hear it.

"It's so over"

JUSTIN POV

After Amari slammed the door on her way out my parents came down the stairs.

"Are you kids alright we heard yelling" Mrs. Bieber asked concerned, Justin's face was all red. Justin stared at the half eaten breakfast he made Amari.

"It's over" Justin whispered as a tear hit the plate. Justin's dad moved to him .

"What did you say bud" Justin looked up with anger and sadness in his eyes.

"It's so over" Justin pushed past his dad and went up to his room.