Chocolate Mate

• Dedicated to Thaddeus Hampton

This is my first story so please be nice!! Comment, VOTE, and Share! Thanks for your time everyone. My first couple of updates I would like to shout out my co-worker/buddy Mr. Downs. lol. TOLD YA I WOULD!

Tatiana POV

"Shit," here I am after 2 years of no men, no dating, bent over looking under the bed looking for my right Red peep toe Jimmy Choo getting ready to meet a MAN! "Where the hell is my shoe?" Mentally shaking my head at myself for always misplacing things, its what I'm known for. Sad but true! I'm the epitome of the saying "If my head weren't attached to my body... Well you know the rest. "Okay okay just calm down and take a deep breath Tatiana!" I silently coached myself.

My name is Tatiana Montgomery I'm 5'2" and weigh 165 pounds that are evenly distributed in all the right places, if you know what I mean. I'm what the they call pecan tan where I'm originally from in Charlotte, North Carolina. Yea I'm a southern girl but I currently reside in the small town of Akron outside of Detroit, Michigan. Its a small town with a population of 424 people. Yea it's that small. I love it though, I'm a 4th grade teacher at Akron-Fairgrove Elementary. The pay isn't the best but the interaction and time with the kids is so worth it.

So why after 2 years of being here am I just deciding on dating, you ask? Good question. It wasn't really my idea. Headed out on a blind date set up by my friend Kimberly, what did I get myself into? She's always trying to set me up with someone and this time I finally agreed to her matchmakng. I mean well it gets pretty cold up here in the winter maybe its time to meet someone.

"He's an investment broker for a company called Maverick Trading," Kim said. "He's 34, no kids, and a job that makes six figures," she explained while clapping frantically.

"I'm not after a man for his money," I told her while rolling my eyes. I'm not that kind of girl. "Besides you haven't even told me the man's name before you start discussing his bank account. Gold digger!" I said laughing at her. But that's Kim for you, we met about a year and a half ago and have been inseparable ever since. She was one of the parents from my school, I taught her son Timothy who is now in the 6th grade. She and her husband had a nasty divorce due to his infidelities and "addiction to sex". PFFT. Yea right he was just using that as an excuse, an illness so he says; to do his dirty deeds. Darn men were crazy that's one of the reasons why it has been 2 years since I've dated one. But she got her just deserts and then some. Now she takes no shorts and is a man eater. She has always been someone that I can count on in any situation. Let her tell it DATING especially. That's where I needed the most help, so she thought and often commented.

"O yea his name is Corbin Bradford and did I forget to mention he is gorgeous," she exclaimed.

"Well why don't you date him, if he's so great," I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Because he seemed perfect for you, besides his friend got to me first," she replied with humor in her eyes.

"Sad case you are, my dear," I told her.

"Whatever, yay or nay on Corbin," she asked staring blankly at me. After a few seconds I managed a yes. "Alrighty than I'll call and let him know and text you with all the details," she tossed over her shoulder while walking towards the door punching away on her phone.

"Don't let me regret this, Lord," I muttered to myself.

Thanks for the reading my first update and for the votes!!!! Let me show you a little of whats inside of my head!!! mmmmmm.....here we go!!! Shout out to my real stylist Dana. She really is a miracle worker!! lol

CH 2

So here I am in a black tight fitting bodycon dress that ended just above my knees with BOTH of my red peep toe Jimmy Choo's on. With my favorite diamond stud earrings and a necklace to match. My hair was freshly laid by my miracle working stylist Dana. Thank God for those hands. Seriously! I have a short style similar to the style Rihanna is rocking in her video "Take a Bow." I'm literally clutching my gold clutch while thinking about reneging on the whole idea of this blind date. It's 6:30 a few minutes before I'm supposed to meet my "mystery guy" down stairs to head to dinner. I was reluctant to say the least about meeting a complete stranger at my home.