Flashback part two

Leena was sound asleep against Jaejoo's leg, like she usually was at one in the afternoon. Jaejoo was reading a book while patting her head when Jungkook returned from playing outside.

"Hyung why do you like her so much?"

Jaejoo looked up from his book. "Hmm?"

"You're always with her now."

Jaejoo furrowed his eyebrows. He bookmarked his page and set his book aside. "Why do you always call Leena her? She has a name."

Jungkook huffed at that and sat next to the two. Jungkook proceeded to watch Leena nap, like he usually did at one in the afternoon. Jaejoo noticed as the weeks went on Jungkook's watching was no longer glaring but a look of curiosity. It made him happy in someways. He could relax knowing that Jungkook was warming up to her.  But it made Jaejoo uneasy in a different way.

Jaejoo was attracted to Leena because she was an outsider kind of like himself. He was orphaned just a small while ago and his aunt and uncle took him in. They loved him deeply and he referred to them as mother and father but there was always a slight disconnect. Leena helped him ignore that and even brought them closer as an entire family just by her presence.  He loved that. He loved her.

Jaejoo eventually went back to reading and Jungkook laid down, still staring at Leena and making faces as he thought.

Leena's eyes opened slowly and found Jungkook's. Jungkook's face flushed deeply as she sat up still looking at him. She tried to rub the sleep out of her eyes and smiled.

"Kookie." She murmured.

Jaejoo watched Jungkook's ears turn red. The whole thing made him very amused.

Jungkook turned away and glared at the floor. "L-leena.."

Leena's eyes got wide and she threw herself at Jungkook.

"You said my name!" She said excitedly before falling back asleep. She still held tightly onto kookie as she dozed off.

"Kookie." She murmured happily in her sleep.

Kookie rolled his eyes. "Ugly girl."

Jungkook and Leena both ended up asleep on Jaejoo and soon Jaejoo joined them.

》》♡《《

I sat out in the rain. I hadn't made it home before it started pouring down.

I looked up at the sky and pulled my feet closer to my body trying to keep them from getting wet. I told Jaejoo that I'd make it home on my own this time. I thought I could.

Kookie told me earlier that Jaejoo had been "babying" me because he thought of me as a baby and I hated that. I wanted Oppa to think of me not like a baby. I wanted to be a big girl in Jaejoo-oppa's eyes and prove Kookie wrong. Though all I proved was that my short legs couldn't get me out of the rain fast enough. Usually I'd either stroll holding Jaejoo's hand or he'd carry me on his back. He had insisted on walking me home but he had a doctor's appointment so I said I'd do it myself.

Dumb mistake.

I didn't know how long I'd sat there but the rain never eased up. I was starting to get upset and cold. I bit my lip to keep from crying. I really wanted Jaejoo or Jungkook at that moment.