Mr. no name

"How could you talk so comfortably with someone who's name you don't even know?"

I was on the phone with Mr. No Name again and his friend from before joined us. This had become sort of a regular thing within the past few weeks. Every few days we would either text or call one another randomly with some god awful conversation starter and talk for however long could fit into our schedules.

"It's just easier isn't it?" I had occupied myself with my sketchbook. I was scribbling circles and stars in a random order.

"I agree with muffin."

My pencil stopped mid scribble at the use of the new nickname. "And I seriously diagree with that nickname."

"It sounds more like a petname than a nickname." His friend commented

I blushed slightly at the thought but quickly recovered after I heard Mr. No Name mutter shut up.

I rubbed my eyes as a wave of exhausted washed over me. My hand moved to try and muffle the sound of the yawn that I knew was coming. Unfortunately it did nothing to muffle the sound.

"It's late over there isn't it?"He asked in a strangely soft tone of voice.

I was surprised to hear that tone come from him. "Only a little. It's nothing too big."

"But you have class tomorrow."

The fact that he has pretty much memorized my class schedule made me feel appreciated. He cared enough to remember something so trivial when he really had no reason to.

"Nah I'm skipping." I said as I lay down on my bed closer to my phone that was on speaker. I continued to scribble in my sketchbook.

"Uhhh no."

I scoffed at his response. "Excuse me sir. You have no say."

"It's bad to skip though."

"Cookies are bad to eat but people still eat them."

"Truth." I hear his friend say.

"You need to go to class." It almost sounded like he whined that.

"Mmmm nah." I said back with a smile. "I already studied ahead anyways."

"Ugh, she sounds like you." His friend said in feigned disgust.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." He said.

"Nah, she has more swag than you. That's the only thing that makes it okay."

"Sweg." I said with a giggle.

"So what do you do for fun, muffin?" His friend asked.

"Is this my conversation or yours?" No name asked.

"Draw mostly but I have a deep love of music. I have tried my hand at arranging music and sometimes composing. I'm not super good at it though."

"She's perfect. I claim her." His friend said quickly.

I laugh as I hear the two bicker about who had "claim".

"Sorry but I'm not up for 'claim'." I said. "The only thing that has a claim on me is schoolwork and apple juice."

"Apple juice?"

"Yes. I would sell my soul for some apple juice."

"You're weird."

"You like it."