Just One Day

When Mindy was done at school she picked me up and went to her house. When we got there and settled in she played more Kpop songs for me to listen too. She was trying to get me to hop on the train to hell as I call it and it had slowly been working. I'd been working through Exo and Got7 the past three months.

We watched music videos on youtube using her T.V.. She was trying to show me some girl groups but I wasn't feeling it.

"So the zombies are in a school or..? Wait, why are they dancing now?"

Mindy flipped through her physics book. "You learn not to question it."

"Yeah okkkaaayyy. Can we look up that Zico video again? The one where they're in the store and they're wearing the same clothes?" I was growning attached to Zico. His style suited to my taste.

She rolled her eyes and started to look through her youtube history.

"It really surprises me that you're so fluent in Korean and know nothing of the Kpop world."

"Hey I at the very least knew that G-Lizard and Birdman exsisted."

"G-Dragon and Taeyang." She corrected.

"I know but Taeyang is gonna stay Birdman." I had a weird dislike for Taeyang. I refused his existence at this point.

"Still what did you listen to that you picked it up? I don't think I ever asked you."

"Dramas and Korean kids cartoons." My memory was filled very throughly with both. They were both happy and sad to look back on. "I was motivated to learn from a friend that was Korean. He's gone now though. He used to make little lessons for me as kids and would teach me whenever we played together."

"Ahh I see. When was the last time you met him?"

"A long time ago." I responded as I turned my head to watch her scroll through her history. "I won't meet him again though. It's not possible."

"Anything is possible."

Yeah, not that though.

"Whoops I didn't mean to click that hold on."

"Just one day, one night.."

"Waaiiiitt!" I said loudly holding my hand up. "Wait!"

"Whoa okay. Chill out, I stopped."

That sounded so familiar and the rap after did too. That slight lisp...

"Who is that? Who are they?" I squinted at the screen. "And why in the hell are they so pretty? Especially that one though he is having some difficulty with the rhythm there."

"That's Jin, he's the visual. The group as a whole is called Bangtang Seonyeonda."

"Why the hell are they called bulletproof boyscou- Did you say Jin?"

"Yep, I'm sure I mentioned them to you before. I was going to finish with Got7 and then show you them. They've been getting pretty popular lately."

... there is literally no way in hell..

"Who are the other ones? Wait scratch that-who was the first one?"

"In this song?"

"Yes."

"That's Rapmonster."

"... come again?"

"R A P monster, not D A N C E monster."

"Okay so I don't get that reference but I can tell he can't dance either so that makes sense but whyy? Why that name? It's so bad."

"One of them was supposed to be called seagull."

"...What in the actual hell?" This had to be a joke. "Then what's his actual name?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"... Kookie?" I said in a questioning tone.

"Yeah." She said. "The group and fandom call him that. Look who's been studying." She said excitedly.

Nope, I refuse. Life is not that cliche. Never has been and never will be.

The fact that the name was so similar was unnerving. So similar. Jeon Jungkook.

"So what's Rapmonster's real name?"

"Kim Namjoon. "

Bingo.