Forgiveness

GIF has nothing to do with the chapter... I just think it's funny.

》》》》》》》

So I told her everything. About Kim Namjoon and my relationship with him. Not like relationship relationship but... yeah. Also about Jungkook and the letter I'd received. Everything.

"Wow that's... complicated."

"I don't know what to do.. About anything. I mean why does everything come full circle now?"

"Well Jungkook doesn't remember you right? So what's the issue? Just go."

"He remembered my apple juice song."

"Oh my god, what?"

"It's a song I used to sing when I got apple juice. After insulting my beautiful singing voice he told me it sounded familiar."

"Wait, is that what you're always humming when you buy a juice box at school?" She started laughing so hard she fell of my bed. I sighed and looked over the edge at her.

"If you choke on pizza you're on your own." I said.

After a minute she calmed down but stayed laying on the floor.

"It's just a song. There's no way he's gonna remember from just that right?"

I shrugged and stared at her while she stared at the ceiling.

"Does Namjoon know?"

"No."

She sat up and frowned. "Why not?"

I frowned as well and stared at the small bear on my desk who was sitting on top of my letter..

She followed my line of vision before sighing and pulling herself back on the bed. "It wasn't your fault."

I turned upside down still looking at the bear. "If I hadn't insisted neither of them would've gotten hurt..."

"You were like six." She said crawling on the bed.

"There have been six year old murders." I murmur.

"Maybe." She said before plopping herself on my stomach and reaching for another piece of pizza. "I may not be a genius like you or Namjoon but I can tell you that you are not a murder. You don't even kill spiders."

Actually I had but only when I was surprised and didn't think about it but I decided to let her have her way with that one argument though I didn't agree.

"I'm not a genius."

"Well obviously. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation and you'd be packing right now. Did you even open the letter?"

"No."

"Open it."

"No."

She glared at me. "If you don't I will."

"Be my guest." I said with a dramatic sweep of the hand.

She got up and heavily sat in my desk chair. I looked away knowing that if I watched I'd be anxious. Hearing the the envelope being torn open didn't help either. I could hear the folds of the letter being opened and then silence.

I waited for a reaction from her. A hiss an aww a giggle a groan. Anything but I heard nothing.

"You need to read this." She finally said. She laid the letter next to me before excusing herself to the bathroom.

I turned towards the downturned letter. Some of the ink bleed through the paper.

I turned it over. It was in hangul there was no way Mindy could've understood all of it.

My eyes glazed over the words and my eyes watered once I found the words I'd been waiting to see for the longest time.

용서는

You're forgiven.