Chapter 26: Never Leave

Începe de la început

"Anymore". I mumble under my breath. I look up to Breslin who is intently staring at me. "It didn't always start off that way, he used to treat me almost as good as you Bres, but I don't know what happened...."

FLASHBACK - MACKENZIE'S POV
Atlanta, GA
August 2013

"Ugh, I'm going be a third wheel now". I chuckled as Yamonie and I walked in Douglass High preparing for our sophomore year of high school. She was salty because as of yesterday Xavier and I were now official. It all happened over the course of the summer; he'd walk me home from cheer practice after he had had football practice. Man, he was literally the cutest boy in our grade and he asked to be his girlfriend, I was too geeked. My Dad said I could finally start dating.

"Yamonie, nothing is going to change. I just got a boyfriend, that's all. Speaking of which, there he is". He was hanging by all the other athletes before heading my way and laying a big fat kiss on my lips.

"Hey beautiful, been waiting for you all morning. I missed you. Hey, Monie". He acknowledged her before we walked hand in hand down the hallway. People made comments about how we were the picture perfect "goals" couple. I wish I knew then what I knew now....

FAST FORWARD
Atlanta, GA
February 2016

"You going fucking ruin prom for me, you look like a fucking whale in your dress. I agree with your Mom, you need to lose some weight. Not going fucking embarrass me". He threw his backpack down on his bed before turning on his XBox One. "Go get me some water, bitch". He used to call me beautiful, now he replaces my first name with bitch. It started a little bit after Junior year when I won and he lost for homecoming court. I accepted my crown and also my first slap to my face.

I don't know if it was his verbal jabs, brute strength, or countless times he manipulated me, but I stayed. He always made sure to hit my body to bruise, but not my face. He always made sure to make me fear him in public as well, nobody knew what was going on. Well only Yamonie....and she begged me to tell my Dad. He even knew something was up, but I lied and kept receiving abuse from someone who claimed to love me. Hit me, use me for sex, and then say he's sorry.

I was over his house because I needed to finish up his AP Bio assignment, oh yea, I was forced to do his work too. I was sitting at the table when he came behind me and started kissing my neck, "Stop X, I need to finish these definitions".

He turned around my chair before saying, "You don't tell me stop, I want some pussy". He was never like this, my well our first time together was amazing in how it happened, but it was soon followed by a lack of concern and care. Xavier didn't care about my pleasure after a certain point. He began to run my thighs and I scooted away from him, only to receive a punch in the chest that made me short of breath. "Give me some fucking pussy". He's never been this aggressive before. I sit still before he slapped me before throwing me on the bed.

"Xavier, stop!"

"What the fuck I just tell your stupid ass?! Open your legs". He was practically prying my legs open with his knees while he was holding my hands over my head.

"No! Don't do this! Please!" Hot tears stream down my face as he manages to pull down my cheer sweats.

"Don't fucking move or I'ma knock you the fuck out! Cut that crying shit out!" And then for the next 10 minutes, I cried as he raped me, unprotected. He withdrew himself and demanded for me to swallow his seeds. I was gagging, choking, and trying to find air all while crying. I felt disgusted with myself; growing up I never thought I'd be one of these girls. Never say never when it comes to love....

FAST FORWARD
Atlanta, GA
April 2016

"All rise for honorable Judge Choi". We rose and I sat back down chewing my nail down to the meat because of my nerves. I did it. After that night last month, I pressed charges on Xavier for rape. My Mom acted like it wasn't a big deal whereas my Dad was my rock through all this.