Chapter 31

*Eight Hours Later*

Keyona

My eyes flutter open, and I see faces. I look around, and I realize my surgery is over. I close my eyes so I don't realize he's not there, but I hear his voice.

"Keyona. Keyona, open your eyes dear." It can't be him. He's supposed to be dead! He was supposed to give his heart for me. I open my eyes, and I see Tony's face. A face I couldn't live without.

"TONY!" I scream. I jump out of bed, and I hit my foot on the bedpost.

"Ow! Shit, that hurt." I say as Tony helps me up. He laughs, and I jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I missed my best friend." He whispers, holding my back.

I see the rest of the boys smiling, and that's when I notice Vic. He looks at me, then looks away. I could see the burning passion in his eyes when he looked at me. I just, didn't know how to feel about us.

"I missed you too." I say when I look away from Vic.

"Get in bed before the nurse comes in here bitching." Mike says, and we all laugh.

Tony helps me back into bed, and I get comfortable.

"So, since Tony's not in the grave, who donated for me?" I ask, confused. I see Vic look down.

"Um, your mom did, actually." He says. I gasp, and Tony clasps my hand. My mom donated for me?! After we had just gotten into that fight, too. I can't breathe. I can't think.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye." I whisper.

"She ran right in after Tony was put to sleep, Keyona." I can see Vic wants to talk to me, so I keep quiet.

"I was probably asleep." I whisper. Vic nods vigorously, and I know he's missed me like I've missed him.

"I'm getting something to drink. Tony, you want to come with?" Jaime asks.

"Yeah, I'm hungry." Mike says, getting up with the rest of them. Tony looks at me weirdly, and Mike closes the door as they all leave.

"Jaime's a weirdo." I say to Vic nervously. He nods and looks at me.

"How have you been?" He asks stupidly.

"I don't know. My mom just died." I reply.

He looks at me, then he sighs.

"I'm sorry, Keyona." He whispers. I sit there frigid. I say nothing, and he stares at me.
"I saw the cuts, Keyona." He says, breaking our staring contest.

"Oh." I whisper.

"I didn't mean, to, you know, make you cut yourself." He whispers. I gulp, and I run my finger over my cuts.

"I guess I just forgot about everything but the pain." I admit.

"I miss you, Keyona." He's not looking at anything else. He's looking at me.

"I miss you, too." I whisper. He gets up slowly and walks over to my bed.

"Can you be mine again?" He whispers. I nod, and he kisses me. I've missed his lips, so much. I kiss him back, and we start to make out. He puts his hands through my hair, and I can tell he's missed me way more than I have him.

"If you don't mind, she just had surgery." The nurse interrupts, Vic and I quickly pulling apart.