Chapter 13

Keyona

"Don't cry. Don't cry because then you'll make me feel even more shitty than I already do." Vic says in one sentence. We stand at the airport, and I could feel the tears coming, but I wasn't going to cry in front of him. I couldn't. I had to be strong, because he was doing what he'd wanted, and I couldn't ruin that.

"Vic's going to miss that ass." Mike says to me as we hug. I laugh and I hug Jaime next.

"You're awesome, Keyona. It's pretty sad we won't be sleeping outside the door. I swear, Vic's going to miss that." He says. These guys are fucking nuts, I think. I give Tony a hug, and he whispers,

"I'll make sure he's holding up, okay?" I nod, and he feels it .

"Take care of yourself, girl." He says when we end the embrace.

Vic stands there, looking at me like I was some prized medallion.

"I'm gonna miss you like hell, Keyona." He says. I try to hold back the tears that are aching to get out, and I do, barely.

"Vic, you're doing what you love. Go be remembered." I say, kissing his cheek. He smiles at me, then he kisses me, hard.

I know people are going to start staring, but I don't care, because in a few minutes I won't be able to taste these lips for about nine months. In about a minute, I'll have to let go of the boy that was grinding against my leg at the club. The boy who I lost my verginity to in black fishnet stockings. The boys who won my heart.

"Flight 62. Flight 62." The loudspeaker say. Damn you, I think over and over as Vic slowly pulls away. I see Tony grab him by the shoulder, and Vic slowly grabs his bag and walks away.

"I LOVE KEYONA PADDOCK!" He screams, walking backwards. I turn around and walk backwards, and I scream at the top of my lungs,

"AND I LOVE VIC FUENTES!" I know he's smiling, and I can feel the disapproving stares from everyone, but I don't care.

All I care about is my Vic.

My little Vic Fuentes.