It’s one thing to know who was behind a stunt like this. It’s another when you’ve got no idea who it could be.

Throwing the paper aside, Marco stood beside all three of us. “Well, what the fuck are we going to do with her?” Marcus nodded towards Kayla, looking over at us.

I shrugged. “We can’t exactly keep her here. She fucking reeks.” I twisted my face into a look of disgust. “I say we dump her body in the river and this time, we’ll do it the right way.” I gave them all a stern look, referring back to the Parker situation.

Marcus rolled his eyes. “Again, it wasn’t our fault.”

“I don’t give a shit.” I barked sharply, cutting Marcus off. “Just help me get her in a body bag.” I walked over to Kayla’s feet. “John go start the car. We’ve got to do this now before anyone grows suspicious around here.”

“He’s right. We don’t have all day.” Pushing past us, Bruce disappeared down the hall as we all stood by the door, waiting for him to come back.

When he did, Marcus and I lifted Kayla’s body and slid it into the body bag before zipping it up and carrying it all the way over to the car. Popping the trunk open, we laid her body inside before closing it and taking a seat in the back of the car.

It wasn’t a long drive to the river and the fact that it was close to midnight, we knew no one was around at this late hour to remotely see anything at all.

Parking the car in the lot, we stepped out of it, walking to the back where we opened the trunk again. Grabbing onto Kayla’s body, we walked over to the bridge just above the river.

“On the count of three, we throw her over. Okay?” I looked up to see them all nod in understanding. “Alright… ready?” Pausing, I licked my lips. “One… two… three!” Swinging her across the side of the bridge, we watched as her body fell into the water with a loud splash, not long before sinking down to the bottom.

“Let’s go.” Wiping my hands on my pants, I shuffled over to the car where we all immediately took a seat before John revved it up and sped down the street, back to the house.

“Well, that was easy.” Marco chuckled, settling comfortably in the back seat.

“I’m just glad we got it over with. The last thing we need is for us to be called into questioning by the cops. They’re up our ass as it is; we don’t need them digging around for more dirt on us.” I exclaimed knowingly.

John swerved into the driveway, coming to a stop before killing the engine and walking out, the guys following behind as we entered back inside the house.

“Now that we took care of that,” Bruce clapped his hands together, taking a seat on the couch. “It’s time to get down to business. Who would want to start beef with us?”

“I bet you it was that fucker McCann. I swear if he—”