Chapter 16

A few hours had passed and neither Justin nor I had spoken since. I guess it was too awkward or Justin was too embarrassed to. Either way, we just sat there staring at the blinking screen of TV that was currently showing re-runs of Jersey Shore.

I turned to look back at Justin who was currently lying on his back on my bed, his side bandaged, his jaw set and his eyes locked on the TV.

I sighed, looking away.

If you were wondering why he was even staying here in silence and hasn’t gone home yet, well, he can’t necessarily leave in the state he’s in and the spot where he had been stabbed could begin to bleed at any time.

It was too risky.

Yawning, I furrowed my eyebrows. Looking over at the time, it read 11:45 PM. No wonder I was so tried. Gazing down at my outfit, I realized I was still in jeans and a t-shirt. Standing up from the bed, I made my way over to my dresser, looking through my clothes until I found my pajamas. Pulling out a pair of plaid loose pants and a tank-top, I shut the drawer with my hip before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me, ignoring Justin’s eyes on me.

Once I slipped out of my clothes and threw them into the hamper, I put on my pajama’s, throwing my hair up into a messy bun before walking out and back into the room.

Immediately Justin’s eyes flew over to me.

I ignored his eyes as I walked out of the room and over to Dennis’s bedroom. “Hey Den, are you almost done playingvideo games?”

He paused the game before turning his head over to me. “Just a few more minutes please.” He looked anxious.

I sighed. “Alright, but just five more minutes. I can’t have mom and dad coming home and seeing you playing video games.” I warned.

“Promise.” He put his hands up before grabbing the controller once more and un-pausing his game.

I shook my head, stifling a laugh. Walking out while shutting the door along with me, I was just about to walk back into my room when my body collided with another’s. Looking up, I saw Justin looking down at me.

I caught my breath. “Jesus, Justin.” I let it out slowly, licking my lips. “You scared me.”

“Sorry.” He monotonously replied. “I was just going to get a cup of water.”

“I’ll get it.” I wiggled out from in front of him, making my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where I grabbed a clean glass, filling it up with water before walking back into my room.

Spotting Justin lying on his back once more on my bed, I walked over to him, leaning over to hand him his drink. He grabbed it.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” I tucked my bangs behind my ear, about to go take a seat at the edge of the bed when his voice stopped me.

“Come here.” He mumbled, settling the glass on the stand beside the bed.

I knitted my eyebrows together. “What?”

He licked his lips, locking his eyes with mine--they were unreadable as usual but they held a warm feeling to them. “I said, come here.” He patted the spot next to him.

I bit my lip, contemplating what If I should or not.

He sighed. “Are you still mad about what I said before?” He searched my face for any sign of discomfort.

I shook my head. “No, I got over that a long time ago.” I lied. I wasn’t really over it. I mean, all I did was try to help him and he had the nerve to call me the c-word?